Question about listing for new resale website (the former DVC salesman)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kniquy

DIS Veteran
So I purchased a resale contract and am loosely in the market for an add on possibly at our current resort AKV or possibly HHI. (Might add on direct poly, but that is a different debate).

So every so often i will look at the resale sites. I recently heard of a new kid on the block (the one who is the former DVC salesman dvcsales) and i can't make sense of the listings price per point. For example -- looking at AKV I see some reasonable market priced listings in the 80's then there are a few listings - a larger contract of 300 points w/ a listing price of $100 per point and then a 120 pt again for $100 per point. Those listings seem nuts especially for the larger contract - that would more likely sell for 80pp. Even looking at the one HH they have 50 points @ $100 per point.

What is up with the high priced listings? Are they letting the sellers list their own asking prices? I thought the job of a resale agent was to direct the sellers to a reasonable asking price.

Last edited:
I think most listing agents allow the seller to set the price. I'm sure they do try to guide the seller to a market price. However, some owners will just stick to what they think they can get or what they need (some still have loans to pay off and don't want to bring money to the table to close). As a buyer, you know that if the listing price is too high, the contract won't attract any offers. Eventually, the listing will be revised or withdrawn.

In the meantime, there's probably little harm in making what you consider a reasonable offer if the contract meets your needs. You never know.

So I purchased a resale contract and am loosely in the market for an add on possibly at our current resort AKV or possibly HHI. (Might add on direct poly, but that is a different debate).

So every so often i will look at the resale sites. I recently heard of a new kid on the block (the one who is the former DVC salesman dvcsales) and i can't make sense of the listings price per point. For example -- looking at AKV I see some reasonable market priced listings in the 80's then there are a few listings - a larger contract of 300 points w/ a listing price of $100 per point and then a 120 pt again for $100 per point. Those listings seem nuts especially for the larger contract - that would more likely sell for 80pp. Even looking at the one HH they have 50 points @ $100 per point.

What is up with the high priced listings? Are they letting the sellers list their own asking prices? I thought the job of a resale agent was to direct the sellers to a reasonable asking price.

What is the new resale website called?
Regards.

Haven't they been around about a year now?
I haven't looked at the new guy's site lately, but the crazy overpriced listings remind me of when Fidelity used to have wild differences in prices back when they had the contract from Disney to get referrals on people looking to sell.
Or maybe if they have absurdly overpriced listings it makes the more reasonably priced ones look like a bargain?

I was recently in touch with them as I was shopping for a new contract and it seems they have been having some website issues. Part of me wondered if they were tests for operations for the website as they are new and fixing the bugs cause some prices were crazy! Lol

FYI, per this thread, we're supposed to put the whole link to any business we want to mention.

http://dvcsales.com/

I just Previewed my post with the URL in there, and the URL shows up just fine. So that site is fine to post.

If it's not fine to post it will show up like this: xxxxxx.com And that's how we would know to not post the link and know that we're not even supposed to talk about it (b/c otherwise we're trying to get around the filters).

Hope that helps for the future.

I was recently in touch with them as I was shopping for a new contract and it seems they have been having some website issues. Part of me wondered if they were tests for operations for the website as they are new and fixing the bugs cause some prices were crazy! Lol

I saw that too. I have been on both sides ( buying and selling). I don't know what is up with all of these resale companies popping up in the last 6 months or so, but they seem all over the place. I also contacted this company because they had a listing for $2 per point ( actually several), and while I knew it was a mistake, I still inquired- yep a typo on the site. There was a few others I asked about and got the run around- What I believe these newer companies do is put on fake listings and sale pending to make their company seem more legitimate ( after all, I don't think many of us would buy from someone who has a whopping 4 listings on their site). This site also had a Head Listing for $1,000 per point. I would be very cautious of companies that have that many mistakes, as they are the same people who are going to be handling your sale. JMHO.

This site also had a Head Listing for $1,000 per point.

I just looked at the website today and noticed a number of HHI contracts all for $100 pp --I'm mean come on -- typical resales are in the $60 range and even direct, I believe, is $110 per point. Maybe when they iron out their glitches (and have more reasonable listings) they will develop a better reputation.

I just looked at the website today and noticed a number of HHI contracts all for $100 pp --I'm mean come on -- typical resales are in the $60 range and even direct, I believe, is $110 per point. Maybe when they iron out their glitches (and have more reasonable listings) they will develop a better reputation.
You are more generous than I am, I don't think these are " glitches", they are sloppy mistakes or bogus listings, just wait until you see one of the $100 HH listing say " under contract" and then you'll know for sure.

You are more generous than I am, I don't think these are " glitches", they are sloppy mistakes or bogus listings, just wait until you see one of the $100 HH listing say " under contract" and then you'll know for sure.
Just out of curiosity, I just looked, and sure enough a 400 pt HH listed with only 100 coming and 100 avail is " pending sale" at $100 pp. I really don't like shady people and like to call it out when I see it- got to watch out for timeshare scams.
Here is a blurb from the website:

HH116
Hilton Head
AUG
100 100 0 $100 $40,000
Sale Pending
2.27%

HH120
Hilton Head
OCT
0 200 0 $100 $20,000
Sale Pending
4.55%

HH121
Hilton Head
OCT
100 100
Sale Pending

Just out of curiosity, I just looked, and sure enough a 400 pt HH listed with only 100 coming and 100 avail is " pending sale" at $100 pp. I really don't like shady people and like to call it out when I see it- got to watch out for timeshare scams.
Here is a blurb from the website:

HH116
Hilton Head
AUG
100 100 0 $100 $40,000
Sale Pending
2.27%

HH120
Hilton Head
OCT
0 200 0 $100 $20,000
Sale Pending
4.55%

HH121
Hilton Head
OCT
100 100
Sale Pending

Dont get me wrong, but IF the listings are actually selling at these prices, I see it as selling a used car. Seller wants to get at much for it as possible, and therefore sets the price high. Seller might also know that a buyer might try and "talk" the listing down in price. If a buyer "bites" at a particular high prices because he is uneducated then so be it. Seller it happy (more than), and buyer must be the same, since he placed the initial bid.

regards

Its slightly off topic but I would be wary of the website. Its not always accurate. I put in an offer on a contract from the site and it did not go smoothly and we ended up walking away. PM me if you would like more details. I don't want to get off topic.

Last edited:
Hi Everyone! My name is Lori Webb, and my husband Mark recently left the Disney Vacation Club after selling Memberships for the past 22 years. Our desire in starting this business is to create a place for people to buy and sell points at a fair price, and to treat people with the utmost integrity. As many of you can imagine, starting a new business isn't easy. Building a website has many challenges, and we are attempting to make our site innovative while still making it user friendly. Have we had some bumps along the way? Absolutely! Most new businesses do. But rest assured that we are working tirelessly to make it the best it can be. Yes, the Hilton Head Island listings on our site are there as test data only. Notice they are all 100pt. pkgs for $100/point. We believed those listing would basically get no attention at that price, and give us data to use with our web developers. We apologize for any confusion. As for some of the higher priced listings....yes, some sellers believe their membership to be worth more, and that's their prerogative.
Unlike some others in this business, Mark left Disney in good standing. He has always been well-respected by his co-workers, and I am proud of his honestly and work ethic.
We need to keep one or two HHI packages listed at that $100/point, so that we can continue to test our automated system.
We appreciate your patience as we begin this new adventure! We hope one day to earn your business!

Its slightly off topic but I would be wary of the website. Its not always accurate. I put in an offer on a contract from the site and it did not go smoothly and we ended up walking away. PM me if you would like more details. I don't want to get off topic.

Sometimes, as in this case, Members misrepresent the number of points in their account. I'd like to think that was an honest mistake on their part. We attempt to verify the information with Disney, but sometimes, as in your case, we don't get that information back to us in a timely manner.

I hope that you'll take a moment to read my response below. Thank you.

Sometimes, as in this case, Members misrepresent the number of points in their account. I'd like to think that was an honest mistake on their part. We attempt to verify the information with Disney, but sometimes, as in your case, we don't get that information back to us in a timely manner.

That is true but the first email I received was that "my computer generated your agreement with a mistake. I have corrected and put in bold" with the points now being gone 2 plus weeks after the contact was signed. That is how I got the news the owners had misrepresented the points.

That is true but the first email I received was that "my computer generated your agreement with a mistake. I have corrected and put in bold" with the points now being gone 2 plus weeks after the contact was signed. That is how I got the news the owners had misrepresented the points.
At the time that initial message was sent, we still believed the seller was giving us accurate information. Because this happened to YOU, we have changed our procedure by adding verbiage to our contract to protect the buyer. Our apologies, again.

At the time that initial message was sent, we still believed the seller was giving us accurate information. Because this happened to YOU, we have changed our procedure by adding verbiage to our contract to protect the buyer. Our apologies, again.

In my own opinion it felt like the seller misrepresenting their points was being be passing off as a computer error in hopes that I will sign a contract at the same purchase price. Again my opinion. It was only after I started asking questions after that email was sent that the it came out that Disney had provided the feedback that the points were not there. Which, in my mind, is not the computer generating the contract with a mistake. Then when the contract was relisted it still was showing the wrong point total on the web page. I pointed that out to someone at your company and then it was changed. Any person who looked at your web site would have seen inaccurate information for that particular contract. My original post was not meant to be about me and my experience but just to say that the web site is not always accurate. I will not highjack this thread any long longer......back to the original topic of "question on listing for new resale website".

Hi Everyone! My name is Lori Webb, and my husband Mark recently left the Disney Vacation Club after selling Memberships for the past 22 years. Our desire in starting this business is to create a place for people to buy and sell points at a fair price, and to treat people with the utmost integrity. As many of you can imagine, starting a new business isn't easy. Building a website has many challenges, and we are attempting to make our site innovative while still making it user friendly. Have we had some bumps along the way? Absolutely! Most new businesses do. But rest assured that we are working tirelessly to make it the best it can be. Yes, the Hilton Head Island listings on our site are there as test data only. Notice they are all 100pt. pkgs for $100/point. We believed those listing would basically get no attention at that price, and give us data to use with our web developers. We apologize for any confusion. As for some of the higher priced listings....yes, some sellers believe their membership to be worth more, and that's their prerogative.
Unlike some others in this business, Mark left Disney in good standing. He has always been well-respected by his co-workers, and I am proud of his honestly and work ethic.
We need to keep one or two HHI packages listed at that $100/point, so that we can continue to test our automated system.
We appreciate your patience as we begin this new adventure! We hope one day to earn your business!
It would seem a a little less shady if you put "test" next to the listings that are not real. Instead you have "pending sale", which is misleading the consumer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter