• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Question about length of stay

kim75

Earning My Ears
We are planning a last minute trip to WDW in early May and have been going back and forth on how long to stay, Thursday-Monday or Tuesday 5/2-6 or 7. I thought we decided on Tuesday, so we have 4 full days to work with. I also want some pool time (we are staying at Art of Animation). DH didn't get the memo and booked returning flight on Monday. I think we can change without fees, but now I'm indecisive on what to do.

Flights have us getting in at 1:45pm and departing at 4:30pm. It will cost $300 to stay an additional day. I'm on the fence because we really need to be as budget conscious as possible, and I am pulling my oldest out of school for this trip. I'm feeling guilty pulling her for 4 days, even though it is just Kindergarten. Our kids are 5 (almost 6), 2.5 years and 6 months. My 2.5 year old needs to nap so I'm worried about fitting things in.

Given all of the above ($$$, time out of school, and kids ages) would you opt for a Thurs-Mon or Thursday-Tuesday trip? I think we will only hit 3 parks (MK, AK and HS) and had not planned on getting park hoppers.

We will be back in 1 or 2 years, so this is not a once in a lifetime trip, but I do want to maximize our time and money! :) Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

I'm a cheapskate, so I'd stick with what you have and figure that fate is at work.

Take a double stroller that reclines and front baby carrier. That way you can keep going no matter who is sleeping.

oh and BTW, May isn't last minute. Once we planned a trip, with plane tickets a week in advance.

I like to be frugal too and I like to maximize my stay to get more of my moneys worth, but only if I didn't have to pay a fee to change the plane tickets! I usually like to stay at least 7 nights. You are maximizing the park tickets. But I guess at you length of stay it is not as cost effective. I definately wouldn't do it if it cost money to change the tickets.

Thanks for the feedback. We decided to stay the extra night. No fee change flights, otherwise I definitely wouldn't have done it! Now the fast and furious planning begins! :)

An extra day in Disney is always fun! pixiedust: I think it will also make you feel less stressed to just relax and enjoy and not feel like you have too much to do and too little time!:crowded:

HAVE A MAGICAL TIME!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter