Question about land/sea package

Asil65

Mouseketeer
I have been learning so much from the disboards. Thanks everyone. We are doing a 4 day land 3 night cruise in April. On the Thursday of our cruise do we have the ability to go to a park in the morning with our Disney package? Is this even worth trying? We have our own car so we will be driving to the port.It looks like the port is about 60 miles from Disney. I thought a couple of hours at a park might be fun.

I believe you can, at least to some extent. I did this package in 2003 and had a choice to get into AK early on Thursday and catch the transfer bus from the park, rather than the hotel. We opted to sleep in instead, then the bus picked us up at the AKL on embarkation day around 12:30.

I'm not sure if this is allowed for all park entries, or if it's for a designated park only (depending on where you're staying). I'm sure someone else will have insight about that.

On the land/sea package, your KTTW cards will let you visit any park the morning of embarkation day. However, if you bought transfers, you must be back at your resort to catch the cruise line bus to the DCL terminal.

"We have our own car so we will be driving to the port."

To be safe, you must depart the park between 1-1:30PM. It takes 60-75 minutes to drive to the port.
This will mean that you are not interested in Palos or Spa reservations (the REAS package does not apply for this Land/Sea).
Your hotel may have a special where you can access a particular park one hour early on that Thursday. That can help.
Basically, you are trading reservations, relaxing on the ship, and lunch on the ship for an extra 1/2 day at a park (and the previous poster is 100% correct that your KTTW card is good that morning).

"We have our own car so we will be driving to the port."

To be safe, you must depart the park between 1-1:30PM. It takes 60-75 minutes to drive to the port.
This will mean that you are not interested in Palos or Spa reservations (the REAS package does not apply for this Land/Sea).
Your hotel may hava special where you can access a particular park one hour early on that Thursday. That can help.
Basically, you are trading reservations, relaxing on the ship, and lunch on the ship for an extra 1/2 day at a park (and the previous poster is 100% correct that your KTTW card is good that morning).

You should easily be able to go to the parks, leave for the ship around 11:30, get to the ship and get checked in around 1:00. Board, have lunch and check out your state room.

Here are some key times:

Although boarding begins at 1:00 PM, they often allow boarding about 12:00 PM.

You should not go to your stateroom until 1:30 PM, as they are not ready until that time.

Welcome aboard buffets are until 2:00 or 2:30 PM.

Safety drill at 4:00 PM.

The Land/Sea package allows you to be picked up at your resort (around 11:30 - 12:30 depending on the resort) OR from the Animal Kingdom at 12:30. When you check in, they will explain how to leave from Animal Kingdom. Again, you may visit any park but you would need to return to the resort to meet your bus (except Animal Kingdom. At Animal Kingdom, they will hold your day bags and you can depart from the park)

If we are leaving from AKL, is there only a one time pick-up or do busses come intermittently say from 11:00 to 12:30?

We are driving so we will have a car. We wont have to deal with transfers. I was wondering which park has early entry on Thursday. We are staying at the Poly. I would like to get reservations at Palo's for one night. We might blow our chances if we get to the ship to late. Sounds like you don't want to get there past 12:30 or so. Thanks everyone. Happy Thanksgiving.

I believe that Magic Kingdom is the early entry park for Thursday. We are also doing a land/sea and are toying with the idea of sleeping in vs visiting MK just one last time....:earsboy:

We had thought about doing a park the morning of our cruise . However, after 3 full days of DW parks, we were EXHAUSTED and had no desire to attempt a few hours at another park. Instead we slept in, got our luggage together, picked up the rental car and went to the Boardwalk for b-fast. I felt so relaxed by the time we got to the cruise.

On our first cruise, we did the land/sea, also staying at the Poly. We went to MK for early entry, rode alot rides, and then left for the port (we had a car) , arriving in between 12:30 and 1. Because we had checked in at the hotel, we didn't have to wait in that line, so we boarded right away. I had no problem getting the Palo reservation I wanted. We enjoyed it, and felt that we got our money's worth out of the Unlimited Park Hoppers that are part of the package.

We also stayed at the poly. We went to the M/K till 11:30 and then left for the cruise. We got the night we wanted for Palos. I would recommend going to The M/K…
Have fun!
:wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter