Question about how we can spend the $$ from the gift card offer???

lornak

DIS Veteran
I'm just wondering about the ways we can use the gift card that is included with that promotion. Can I use it to pay off my room charges? If so, I was thinking I could use it for gratuities. What about Photo Pass? Is there any way to use the gift card to pay for that???

Does anyone know of any limitations or restrictions on the card? Any insight is appreciated! THANKS! :goodvibes

anywhere Disney accepts it. Tips, photopass, even upgrade your tickets. For example, make the rez 1 day base ticket, and then use the GC to add days and/or hopper options.

Or before checkout, pay the balance of your room charges made with your KTTW card. Note that you should go a day before checkout. You will need to have registered a credit card on file, and it will automatically charge any outstanding balance the night before checkout.

anywhere Disney accepts it. Tips, photopass, even upgrade your tickets. For example, make the rez 1 day base ticket, and then use the GC to add days and/or hopper options.

Or before checkout, pay the balance of your room charges made with your KTTW card. Note that you should go a day before checkout. You will need to have registered a credit card on file, and it will automatically charge any outstanding balance the night before checkout.

You do need to purchase a minimum of a 5 day base ticket for the GC offer... but you can upgrade it to the park hopper, or add more days if you'd like, and use the GC to pay.

You can apply it to your room (like you would a ccard) and then charge back to your room as well (which means you could do tips and such).

One thing to note... the GC doesn't expire. So if you are staying deluxe, and get a $750 gc, then you might not want to put it on your room at the beginning of your trip. You can use it for a deposit for a future trip, or even for the deposit for a bouncback if you decide to book while you are still at Disney.

thanks for asking this question! I was curious too. I love the idea of using it for a deposit if you use a BB offer while you are there! Smart. Tips are good too! I assume it can be used for alcohol at the bars/restrs too? thanks

Is the no expiration new? I thought I read that previously the gift card had to be used by midnight on the day you checked out??? Or maybe that was the birthday gift card?????

You do need to purchase a minimum of a 5 day base ticket for the GC offer... but you can upgrade it to the park hopper, or add more days if you'd like, and use the GC to pay.

You can apply it to your room (like you would a ccard) and then charge back to your room as well (which means you could do tips and such).

One thing to note... the GC doesn't expire. So if you are staying deluxe, and get a $750 gc, then you might not want to put it on your room at the beginning of your trip. You can use it for a deposit for a future trip, or even for the deposit for a bouncback if you decide to book while you are still at Disney.

So you can use it at a later date? We have 2 deluxe rooms this trip and have already paid for everything (rooms, park tix, dining plan) and don't want $1500.00 worth of merchandise.

We also have $250 worth of reg gc's that our parents gave us as a xmas gift. We were going to use those to pay for merchandise.

Can I save both of them for a later trip? And what do you mean by registering the card?

Thanks for the all of the insight. Do you know where all of the details are written? I would like to read it.

So you can use it at a later date? We have 2 deluxe rooms this trip and have already paid for everything (rooms, park tix, dining plan) and don't want $1500.00 worth of merchandise.

We also have $250 worth of reg gc's that our parents gave us as a xmas gift. We were going to use those to pay for merchandise.

Can I save both of them for a later trip? And what do you mean by registering the card?

Thanks for the all of the insight. Do you know where all of the details are written? I would like to read it.

Here is a link to the promo on the Disney Site

You said you have already paid in full and that the $1500 in GC's is a bit much. Have you considered checking for availability on the room rate discount that is out there? You can still have the tickets & ddp added, and even if you've paid in full they will give you a refund. On many deluxes, it's been the better deal (as it is 40% off room rate). Even with a $50 change fee, you'd still come out ahead, especially if you are booked at rack rate. Call a CM and ask them to quote it out (and check for availability). Make sure they "mirror" your reservation (get the SAME park ticket option & dining option that you currently have booked).

Here is more info from the site about where you can use the gc:
One gift card per room provided at check-in. The Disney Gift Card can be used at select participating locations at Walt Disney World® Resort, Disney® Cruise Line, Disney Store locations in the U.S. and Disneyshopping.com. It is not redeemable for cash, will not be replaced if lost or stolen without required proof of purchase and is subject to the terms and conditions of the Disney Gift Card Program. The Disney Gift Card is issued by Disney Gift Card Services, Inc. Gift cards may not be used towards the purchase of any Disney Dollars or Disney Gift Cards. Other restrictions may apply. Use of gift card is acceptance of its terms and conditions. Visit DisneyGiftCard.com for more information about the Disney Gift Card program.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter