Question about how late you can add DVC Travel ex insurance

MrsG

<font color=peach>We teachers ARE the worst!<br><f
Hi,

We have quite a few trips planned and are considering using this for the first time. Do you know how soon before the first trip you must add it? Is it 30 days?

I really don't have an answer for you. Weren't there some sort of rule changes a year or so ago, and the insurance covers all your point based trips for one year? If so, it is likely a calendar based year and should be purchased in January.

I just asked MS this question Monday morning and was told up to 31 one days prior to the start of your trip.

We buy the insurance at the time dues are paid because then the pre-existing condition exclusion is waived. It is only $79 to cover trips for all points in a use year (including airfare, lost luggage, etc). If your trips use points from more than one use year, you would buy insurance for the use years involved.

I just asked MS this question Monday morning and was told up to 31 one days prior to the start of your trip.

Thank you. That's exactly what I needed to know. Our first trip starts Feb. 18th so I'll have to do it soon.

Also, one of our trips this year will use 2011 pts and 2012 pts.

Few questions:
Do I have an option of not covering that trip as we didn't have ins. for 2011?
Can I add 2011 insurance now (a waste in one way)
Or will only the 2012 points be covered?

Thanks for all your help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter