• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Question About Hotel Use In Mexico

giovanni11

Earning My Ears
I am curious to get some info. I have read a few reviews and posts that mention the use of a hotel on one of the West Coast cruises ports of call. I am not talking about the excurisions on the ship. I am looking for a hotel that we can use there beach and pool without being a guest. I want to get off the ship but do not want to pay for an excursion to use the beach or pool. Any suggestions??

giovanni11 said:
I am curious to get some info. I have read a few reviews and posts that mention the use of a hotel on one of the West Coast cruises ports of call. I am not talking about the excurisions on the ship. I am looking for a hotel that we can use there beach and pool without being a guest. I want to get off the ship but do not want to pay for an excursion to use the beach or pool. Any suggestions??

WE went to El Cid in Mazatlan and it was great.

Krystal in PV is next to the dock. Cruisers have said if you tell them you're from the Magic they'll let you in to use the pool and loungers. We may go there for massages after our Dolphin excursion.

giovanni11 said:
did you have to pay to use the hotel? Did they have a beach and a pool?
Thank You

No, we just walked in the front door and everyone smiled and said welcome and told us how to get to the pool. We did bring our own towels from the ship. I didn't see any towels there.

we used both hotels and noone questions use they gave us a day pass in mazatlan as we got off the ship and all we said as we got to EL CID is that we were not interested in taking the timeshare tour and that was that. EL CID is great the kids loved it. In PV we went to the wrong hotel at first and when we got to Krystal there was even anyone at the pool we had it to ourselfs.

Someone mentioned the Melia in Cabo is that also free. Did you feel obliged to purchase food and drink from these hotels? How is it that you all found out that you could use these hotels? Sorry for all the questions just trying to put together all my info for July 30th.

Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter