Question about HIFS please.

Beauty

DIS Veteran
Okay we have reserved Port Orleans for 8 nights in September and the more I read about this place the more it sounds wonderful...can you all help with a few questions please,

1. How do we get to the parks? Do the shuttles take you to Animal Kingdom if thats where you want to go?

2. What time does the shuttle pick you up at night? Any problem with this.

3. What about Downtown Disney at night? What is the latest that the shuttle runs?

4. Lets see is the free breakfast for everyone? This trip I am bringing my mom for her first visit to the world. She is 59 years old, my hubby and I are both 30 and we have a 9 year old son.

5. Is there an official sight for this hotel?

6. I guess my last question would be...Will my mom loose some of the magic of her first trip by staying offsight?

Thanks all :D

growingup.gif

Beauty! I believe in happily ever after!!

I can help you with some of your questions. I have stayed at both PO and HIFS. I have not taken the shuttle at HIFS, but I believe it only goes to the 4 main parks. We rented a car.

The breakfast absolutely is for everyone. It offers a good variety of items, and saves you both time and money.

Although I do love PO and think it is a beautiful resort, I just can't say enough about how nice it is to stay in a suite with separate rooms. When you stay in a regular hotel room, everyone pretty much has to go to bed at the same time, get up at the same time, etc...and there's no way to have your own space. HIFS gives you all your own space, plus the kitchenette is nice.

You have to look at their web-site:
www.hifamilysuites.com

Transportation will be easier without a car at PO, no question. But if you do rent a car, many have said, and I agree, that it's actually more convenient to be at HIFS than the value or moderate resorts. It is literally right outside the WDW gate. Good luck with your decision...you'll have a great time either way!

I haven't stayed at either....but, do you know that you can get a senior rate if someone in your party is over 50?

If you think your mother would want a separate room, consider the two bedroom classic suite.

p

Ditto what Lucky's Mom said -- we were at PO two years ago and HIFS this year. There is no comparison, especially when you consider PO is much more expensive! We will never stay in a 'room' again...we were totally spoiled having the two bedrooms at HIFS. PLUS, the breakfast buffet was GREAT! You can take it to go and eat it in your room also.

We feel that being able to relax on the couch and go to bed in the bedroom, rather than always hanging on on the beds makes for a much nicer and relaxing vacation. IMHO, HIFS wins hands down

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter