Question about Harmony Barber Shop

blebert

Mouseketeer
I have seen pictures of kids with the pixie dust in the hair. My question is can you go get just that done or do you have to get a haircut for them to do that? I have 4 kids so $60 is a bit much for them to get haircuts when my mom is a hairdresser and does it for free. If you can, how much does it cost.

What i want to know is we have done haircuts there mutiple times and have ever got the pixie dust:confused3Do you have to request it???

Are you referring to the colored gel like stuff with confetti in your hair? If so, you can get just that without a haircut. My nieces and nephew got this done. I want to say it was between $12-$15 each kid. If you are talking about just regular "pixie dust" glitter, I am not sure. They sprinkled this on my son after his first haircut.

We just got the gel and confetti done last February. When did they discontinue it?

We just got the gel and confetti done last February. When did they discontinue it?

Yes, my DDs got the gel/confetti stuff in April, but I'm pretty sure they stopped offering it sometime over the summer. I don't think there's any way the confetti would stay in the hair without some kind of gel or spray, so I'm guessing they don't do that either.

I know BBB will give pixie dust to siblings who aren't getting "makeovers," but I'm not sure they'd do anything for you if you walk in with four kids with no appointments. Maybe you could just bring some glitter hair gel from home if you're just looking for a little something special without paying for an experience. :thumbsup2

I hope they will still do the pixie or pirate dust. I have appointments for 2 of my sons in March, I thought since they will need haircuts before Easter, this would be a fun memory for them. If they don't get the glitter, they don't get the glitter, it will still be fun to get to go to the barbershop in the Magic Kingdom.

Last summer DD was sprinkled with pixie dust by a CM in the store closest to the castle. She was just walking around giving it to anyone who wanted it!

A little OT, sorry, but when do children start to get haircuts?

We were at the World this past December and DS was only 2 months so no hair at the time, but I would love for his first haircut to be at WDW or DL. I'm hoping our next WDW trip will be in December, so he'll be 1 year and 2 months old. Is this old enough to get his first haircut? Thanks for any input!

We are going for our DS's first haircut in April. He will be 19 months by then. I'm glad that the gel is back and we are looking foward to pixie dust. For the PP who asked at what "age" do you get your first haircut, IMHO it's not age it's amount of hair:). Some babies/ toddlers have long lovely locks that get cut around 1 year. Other's, like my sweet cherub, have to wait. Even with his first haircut he will have a trim in the back! Yep my boy is all business in the front and party in the back! A natural 80's mullet baby! :goodvibes

A little OT, sorry, but when do children start to get haircuts?

We were at the World this past December and DS was only 2 months so no hair at the time, but I would love for his first haircut to be at WDW or DL. I'm hoping our next WDW trip will be in December, so he'll be 1 year and 2 months old. Is this old enough to get his first haircut? Thanks for any input!

This totally depends on the child. My son has no hair while some of his friends needed haircuts by 7 months old. My son will be 2 when we go and I am still debating booking this since he won't have anything to cut! We'll see when it gets closer :)

My youngest son will be getting his first haircut when we are there next month. He will be 14 months. I also have an appt for my daughter so I am glad they have the gel/confetti option again! Can you get just the gel and not a haircut? I didn't really want her hair cut but since baby is getting a cut and her twin brothers are doing pirates league I wanted something fun for her too!

Our DD (18 months) has a major mullet right now... We're hoping to wait til our trip in August for her first haircut, but I think it's easier to wait with girls (we are attempting barrettes to keep it out of her face, but they usually last about 2 minutes). Is barber shop booking 180 days out like adrs?

Our 19 month old got his first haircut there in January and it was worth every penny. He got "first haircut" ears and they covered him in stickers... And honestly the cut was pretty good. It was a morning on a slow day in January and we did have to wait about 30 minutes (no ADR) but the kind woman at the counter told us that during lunchtime is much slower than first thing in the morning.

travelgirl06 said:
Our DD (18 months) has a major mullet right now... We're hoping to wait til our trip in August for her first haircut, but I think it's easier to wait with girls (we are attempting barrettes to keep it out of her face, but they usually last about 2 minutes). Is barber shop booking 180 days out like adrs?

Yes, you can book the barber shop 180 days out. I booked our appts when I scheduled our ADRs.

Where is the barbershop located? I can't find any information on it at all! My niece is going to BBB and I was thinking I could take my son to the barbershop while she does that. Can someone give me more info on this please? Prices and all? Thanks!:thumbsup2

alimbrogno said:
Where is the barbershop located? I can't find any information on it at all! My niece is going to BBB and I was thinking I could take my son to the barbershop while she does that. Can someone give me more info on this please? Prices and all? Thanks!:thumbsup2

It is on Main Street.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter