Question about Halloween sailings

Part of the reason we do Halloween in the parks and on board a Disney Ship is so that we can have the kid at heart experience. Bringing my own candy just isn't the same.

I agree in principal but I am not going to hound my room host for candy when he clearly mentioned it is for cabins with kids. Of course he will try to do for you as he wants/needs his tip but I don't need DCL's candy that bad. I am the biggest kids at heart but in this it is not that big a deal to me.

The thing with that is I have asked at Customer Service is for adults to on previous cruises and been told yes. Then got to a table where one of the CMs rolled their eyes and tried to tell me it was just for the kids, because they didn't know what they were talking about and they referred back to their own inner bias that holidays are just for kids.

So, if I didn't already know this was supposed to be for everyone that would be one thing. But I'm not going to let someone else's personal bias get in the way of my joy, especially when I paid extra for that joy.

If the stuff was meant to be just for kids then adults with no kids should get a discount on their tickets during this time period. Since we all know they bump up the prices because it is a "special" cruise.

I agree in principal but I am not going to hound my room host for candy when he clearly mentioned it is for cabins with kids. Of course he will try to do for you as he wants/needs his tip but I don't need DCL's candy that bad. I am the biggest kids at heart but in this it is not that big a deal to me.

This does seem weird... candy is cheap and there is already a ton of wasted food onboard. Now that you mention it we didn't get any candy on any of our three HotHS cuises... I didn't think about it at the time since we were so full!

Every once in awhile you get the odd CM that goes by the beat of their own drum. We were shoo'd away from Santa at one point at the end of an event in the atruim on our Merrytime cruise and told adults could visit with him later if we'd wait in line. I didn't want to VISIT Santa, so I circled back around and managed my .5 second selfie. We had a hard time trying to do the same with characters in their sweaters as well during the pajama party... it can be rough being a big kid!

I did get an on line survey and expressed my disappointment at the scarcity of adult Halloween fun and candy. In pre Covid times it had been different, and like here mentioned, a bag of candy is inexpensive.

The thing with that is I have asked at Customer Service is for adults to on previous cruises and been told yes. Then got to a table where one of the CMs rolled their eyes and tried to tell me it was just for the kids, because they didn't know what they were talking about and they referred back to their own inner bias that holidays are just for kids.
How rude and un-Disney. Haven't they heard Walt's statement about adults only being grown-up kids? I'm cruising solo over Halloween weekend and will definitely ask my stateroom host to deliver candy.

Does anyone know on Halloween sailings, if they still do a pirate night? Or is this replaced with some kind of Halloween type night?

We are on the Sept 3rd sailing and just wondering.

Thanks
There is no pirate night just a firework show now.

Does anyone know on Halloween sailings, if they still do a pirate night? Or is this replaced with some kind of Halloween type night?

We are on the Sept 3rd sailing and just wondering.

Thanks
For longer cruises they are supposed to be two separate nights, but so far the Fantasy cruises have been shortened from 7 nights to 4 nights so the 5 minute long general Disney fireworks, Bucaneer Blast (the reduced version of Pirates IN the Caribbean night) and the main Halloween festivities (costumes, the final Mickey's Mouse-querade since they had 2 or 3, and screenings of Hocus Pocus and the Nightmare Before Christmas) have been merged into one night. Mickey and friends dress in both their Halloween attire and pirate attire that day. They also wear their Halloween costumes earlier in the cruise too.

Just had a nice chat and got some info

We do have a new pirate themed show in the dining room during one night of cruise 4-nights and longer.
Darlene
Halloween on the High Seas activities and parties are still being offered.

Mickey's Mouse-querade Party
Darlene
at 11:14, Sep 21:
Shiver in delight during a scare-a-bration alive with ghoulish games, trick-or-treating, dancing and some favorite Disney Pals bedecked in Halloween attire.
Darlene
at 11:15, Sep 21:
Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas Sing and Scream
Darlene
It’s “Season’s Screamings” during this interactive movie experience, followed by a meet-and-greet with Jack and Sally.
Darlene
Haunted Stories of the Sea
Darlene
Listen to a ghost story or two during an eerie campfire-style storytelling experience on deck.
Darlene
And even more spooky surprises await you onboard! Be sure to pack your favorite costumes and get ready for happy haunts.

Guests will enjoy Trick-or-Treating candy delivered to their stateroom in lieu of in-person trick-or-treating.
Darlene
at 11:22, Sep 21:
This would include all Guests! Even those of us who are young at heart.

I did get an on line survey and expressed my disappointment at the scarcity of adult Halloween fun and candy. In pre Covid times it had been different, and like here mentioned, a bag of candy is inexpensive.

I did the same. I never saw any Halloween activities. Since pirate night and Halloween were merged, it was like an identity crisis going on. At dinner one family was in costume and a few others in pirate gear. Hardly anyone dressed for pirate and it was very low keyed.

I did the same. I never saw any Halloween activities. Since pirate night and Halloween were merged, it was like an identity crisis going on. At dinner one family was in costume and a few others in pirate gear. Hardly anyone dressed for pirate and it was very low keyed.

There were pirates visiting AP on the day they gave us the pirate kerchief. They put on a bit of a show. It was enjoyable.

“Identity Crisis” does explain the atmosphere, I think. I had my Halloween tee on the night they gave us the pirate kerchief!

We watched Haunted Mansion on Funnel Vision, and we did the Nightmare Before Christmas meet and greet with the movie. That was our Halloween fun.

There were pirates visiting AP on the day they gave us the pirate kerchief. They put on a bit of a show. It was enjoyable.

“Identity Crisis” does explain the atmosphere, I think. I had my Halloween tee on the night they gave us the pirate kerchief!

We watched Haunted Mansion on Funnel Vision, and we did the Nightmare Before Christmas meet and greet with the movie. That was our Halloween fun.

yes,the same. Pirates doing a brief song while at dinner in Royal. Same movies. We were on Fantasy for 🎃

Doesn't sound like a lot going on. Least the ship is decorated lol

Doesn't sound like a lot going on. Least the ship is decorated lol
On the Fantasy, there wasn't. True; at least we had the pretty decor. 😄
I didn't see the "Haunted Stories of the Sea" so if we had them they hid them in the Navigator. I loved watching Hocus Pocus on the big screen but I couldn't stay awake for The Nightmare Before Christmas and Jack & Sally pictures at 11:30p since I had a port adventure early the next morning.

Even though Mickey's Mousequerade was on different days, the ship chose night 3 for our blended Bucaneer Blast (new reduced Pirates night) and Halloween night complete with general (non-themed) dance party and general Disney fireworks.

We just returned from the September 6 cruise and a LOT of people (kids and adults) dressed up for Halloween and Pirate night.

I don't know that you will get much insight until the 7 days actually start sailing again but hopefully that helps.

Thank you for sharing these details, as we will be sailing on a Dream 4-night soon and have been wondering if/how they’d have Halloween and Pirate nights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter