Question about guest on reservation?

lalanik

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone, my brother is a DVC member and he offered me to use his points and stay in Saratoga Springs. I am staying with a "significant other" that I haven't disclosed the true identity of this person in case things do not work out so I just gave him a generic name since each person has to be accounted for. My main concern is can I check in without the front desk actually checking my guest's ID because it won't match up with the generic name that my brother added to reservation for? The reservation is my under my name which is fine but a generic name is listed as my guest. Thanks

are you driving to Disney - then yes - on second though think they also need his real name on the reservation - you will be asked for ID.

if you are flying and will use DME - his name to be on reservation for him to get on the bus.

are you driving to Disney - then yes - on second though think they also need his real name on the reservation - you will be asked for ID.

if you are flying and will use DME - his name to be on reservation for him to get on the bus.

We will be driving there. The reservation is under my name which everything matches up. My concern is my guest's name on file is not her actual name. I gave my brother a generic name and do not wish to disclose her name whatsoever (even at check-in) due to family issues. Can I check in without her having to show her ID because the name on file and her actual name wouldn't match. My brother is aware I didn't give a genuine name and said it shouldn't be a problem because whenever he checks in, his fiancé is always in the car and they've never asked to confirmed her identity.

if she stays in the car - then you can do it. kept in mind she might be in the car for an hour - just depends upon when you check in - earlier is better.

might suggest she go in the gift shop. all wdw resorts have gift shops.

oh be prepare to show your when you arrive - the security guard won't allow entry w/o it. also at check in.

if she stays in the car - then you can do it. kept in mind she might be in the car for an hour - just depends upon when you check in - earlier is better.

might suggest she go in the gift shop. all wdw resorts have gift shops.

oh be prepare to show your when you arrive - the security guard won't allow entry w/o it. also at check in.
Are you referring to my ID? Because I have no problem because it is under my name. It's my guest that I want to remain anonymous. Thanks again Spiceycat!

Off the top of my head, I can't think of a situation where the guest needs to show ID. Be aware, though, that her KTTW card (room key, resort ID, dining credits if you have the plan), will have the false name. I wouldn't have her use the KTTW card for charging, just in case she were to be asked for ID in that situation.

Off the top of my head, I can't think of a situation where the guest needs to show ID. Be aware, though, that her KTTW card (room key, resort ID, dining credits if you have the plan), will have the false name. I wouldn't have her use the KTTW card for charging, just in case she were to be asked for ID in that situation.
Its ok as I will be covering all expenses. It may be TMI but this is one of those occasions where a family disproves of a relation but we don't care. However, for our sake, I'd rather they not know so we can enjoy Disney and each other.

They have never once asked for ID for the other adult while we check in. Not when the other is standing there, no there, or across the room watching cartoons with DS Rhey just want the one person's ID. Don't worry even a little bit about this.

bumbershoot said:
They have never once asked for ID for the other adult while we check in. Not when the other is standing there, no there, or across the room watching cartoons with DS Rhey just want the one person's ID. Don't worry even a little bit about this.

I believe policy is that all guests register under their true names as reflected on a government-issued ID.

If there was a problem with the KTTW card and an ID could not be produced that matched the name on the ticket, the ticket would be confiscated and, potentially, the premature ending of your hotel stay.

I believe policy is that all guests register under their true names as reflected on a government-issued ID.

If there was a problem with the KTTW card and an ID could not be produced that matched the name on the ticket, the ticket would be confiscated and, potentially, the premature ending of your hotel stay.
Have you encountered this dilemma PERSONALLY or just speaking in theory? I don't mean to sound rude but I am in love with a woman whom both parties do not agree with our relations but we ourselves are crazy for one another. The LAST thing I want to do is embarrass her because of this situation. I understand policy but I posted to know about reality. Again please do not take it as offennse if it sounds like it....I just really want to take the love of my life to Disney without any embarassing interruptions.

Have you encountered this dilemma PERSONALLY or just speaking in theory? I don't mean to sound rude but I am in love with a woman whom both parties do not agree with our relations but we ourselves are crazy for one another. The LAST thing I want to do is embarrass her because of this situation. I understand policy but I posted to know about reality. Again please do not take it as offennse if it sounds like it....I just really want to take the love of my life to Disney without any embarassing interruptions.

Are you going to have separate tickets or will they be part of your room package?

Yes, what the pp has stated can very well happen. If you have a package you will have Jane Doe on the room key which will double as her park entrance ticket. Each ticket will require a fingerprint scan in order to enter the park. If anything goes wrong after the first day Jane will need to go to guest relations in order to have her kttw redone or reissued in order to do that she will need to show her id that matches her ticket. Now when she pulls out her id and her ticket and they don't match WDW will have no obligation to her and she will need to buy a new ticket for the duration of the visit.

Not a normal occurrence but a possibility that I would not personally wanna deal with.

Will your or her family be able to know that you are there together just because you checked in with both of your names? I'd think that WDW would not offer that to people calling to inquire generally perhaps you could make a note to keep the info private.

Are you going to have separate tickets or will they be part of your room package?

Yes, what the pp has stated can very well happen. If you have a package you will have Jane Doe on the room key which will double as her park entrance ticket. Each ticket will require a fingerprint scan in order to enter the park. If anything goes wrong after the first day Jane will need to go to guest relations in order to have her kttw redone or reissued in order to do that she will need to show her id that matches her ticket. Now when she pulls out her id and her ticket and they don't match WDW will have no obligation to her and she will need to buy a new ticket for the duration of the visit.

Not a normal occurrence but a possibility that I would not personally wanna deal with.

Will your or her family be able to know that you are there together just because you checked in with both of your names? I'd think that WDW would not offer that to people calling to inquire generally perhaps you could make a note to keep the info private.
We both have Annual Passes and we are only using this resort to sleep and nothing else.

Since you are using points for this, I wanted to check my DVC account to see if spelling changes in our names has come through after the trip. Alas the site is down for maintenance, of course. That's what happens when i'm up at this time on the west coast. :)

We've had spelling errors during our trips, from before online booking started. At one point they kept ADDING a new version of my son's name to our reservations, until he was listed 3 separate times in our room. We have changed his KTTW to match his actual name and took his two alter-egos off of the room once we arrived.

When I say "we" I mean ME, the only one who was asked for ID. I'm also not the owner. But I was allowed to do this, as the only adult at the counter (DH, cousin, her hubby, her mom, and the kids were milling around the lobby). So in effect they changed a name right there for me. And I don't *remember* seeing it come back to the account in any way.

That's not 100% proof that it won't, of course.

I'm sorry you're in a situation like this. I hope it all works out for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter