Question about grocery delivery

roe

Mouseketeer
I have never had groceries delivered to the resort before. I am planning on doing this at the end of the week. Nothing like waiting till the last minute!!

I am torn between gardengrocer and wegoshop. Anyone have a preference to either one. I would like to place my order by the end of the day so any info would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Roe

I think either one would be fine. We have used Garden Grocer and were very happy with the service. Have a great time!

HOnestly, my first instinct was to go with wegoshop- you can choose exactly what you want, and not go from a preselected list.

But things have been crazy here, and not in the good way, for weeks. I decided to go with gardengrocer simply because it was easier. I ordered bottled water and the breakfast things I did without putting a ton of thought into it, and it was done.

We have used wegoshop a few times and have been very satisfied. Marge Peck is the contact lady for WDW and she is very easy to work with. EX. one time our Villa was not ready until after 5:00pm and she just held off coming out to the resort. I like that I can pick anything I want.(even adult beverages) I do usually book out about 3-4 weeks as Villas in Dec. are busy and I want to make sure I get a good time. Have a great trip.:)

Another consideration is the amount of items you need to purchase. Gardengrocer has a $40.00 minimum order requirement and this does not include any adult beverages. So if you plan on a small order with water and breakfast items you may want to consider wegoshop, even though the delivery fee is more, you won't have to try to meet the $40.00 minimum.
Have a great trip.

Thanks for all the replies.

I think I read that garden grocer packs the perishable stuff in coolers and it is left at the front desk. I also read that someone put in the comments an order for adult beverages and they delivered it also.

I just spoke to Marge from Wegoshop and she said they deliver right to your room. So that I would need to call when I got my room number. I guess you have to wait in your room for delivery. She sounded very nice though and I like the idea of being able to choose to do my shopping at Walmart (much cheaper) and she will shop for wine and beer.

Anyone know any more about this.

Garden Grocer will deliver adult bevs, you just have to request them separately (I think via the comments section of their web site). They also deliver to your room if you're there. They only leave your stuff with bell services if you're out at the time they arrive.

Can any one please fill me in on what the delivery fees are for the two different services? I think I remember reading that GG had a 12.00 delivery fee and a 40.00 min. order???? Not sure I have ever seen what the fee would be for wegoshop.

TIA :goodvibes :thanks:

Yes, and $17 service/delivery fee for wegoshop; and about $10 and a $50 minimum for Goodings. Why did I throw that in? Well, especially for the OP - since the delivery schedules book up relatively quickly, and Goodings is the least-mentioned of the three services.

We used GG in Aug at the Poly, and they were great. We had requested a couple of items not on the list, and both were there. We will use them again in the future. Good Luck !! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter