question about grocery delivery to resorts

marehoodlum

Earning My Ears
Hi...we will be heading to the Poly in just about 2 weeks :cool1:

Was looking to order some basics from garden grocer, but I'm a little confused....do we have to wait until we check in to place the order? Will they need our room number? Someone on another thread suggested doing the order ahead of time, but we won't know our room number until we get there...

anyone ever done this? help?? :yay:

You don't need your room number, just resort name and possibly the reservation number. We have ordered several times from garden grocer and have always ordered ahead of time and picked our delivery time slot. We try to be there when it arrives, but have had no problem with the delivery even when we were not in our room. I believe it is delivered to luggage service and they will hold it for you. They even keep the refrigerated items cold until you call for it. At least that is what was done in the past.

Perhaps someone else has more recent information.

HTH

I have used WEGOSHOP.com. The shopper buys the items you ask for specifically and only charges $17 for delivery and shopping fee.

Bell Services will hold your order until you request it. Although, I try not to use them. When the order is left with bell services a 10% tip is added to your grocery bill (no problem) and when Bell service brings your order that's another tip. And the other reason I try not to use Bell service, a credit card must be on hold with wegoshop.com. Again, no problem with them. I just like to do cash while on vacation so I don't overspend.

We've used them 5+ times. All they need is your name and the resort. I've always placed my order ahead of time. That way you're sure they can deliver the day you check in and they aren't booked.

We ordered from Garden Grocer for our trip in May. We were at the Beach Club Villas and GG called us a few hours before our delivery and told us they would call when they were on the way, however, BCV will not allow them to enter the guest hallways for deliveries, so we would need to meet them in the public area or they could leave the groceries with Bell Services. The delivery person did call us as he was arriving at BCV, but, we weren't at the hotel, so, had him leave it with Bell Services. Bell Services kept everything cold until we got back to the hotel. We just called them and let them know we were in the room for the delivery. I was surprised when GG told me they couldn't deliver to guest rooms since I hadn't heard that before, but, it does make sense.....at least at the hotel attached DVC's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter