Question about going March 12-15

tstidm1

DIS Veteran
Going to Universal for the first time since 2015 on March 12-15. I noticed that the parks are at their maximum hours (8-10) due to Orlando schools spring break and Mardi Gras. What would be a good touring plan for this time? I am thinking about doing EPA, taking a mid-day break and going back to the parks from 5-10. How important would Express Pass be?

Going to Universal for the first time since 2015 on March 12-15. I noticed that the parks are at their maximum hours (8-10) due to Orlando schools spring break and Mardi Gras. What would be a good touring plan for this time? I am thinking about doing EPA, taking a mid-day break and going back to the parks from 5-10. How important would Express Pass be?
Our kid's school break is that weekend, so I would expect it to be crowded. With EPs, you don't really need to make plans (this isn't like Disney at all). Without EPs, you will probably be sitting in lines 1-2 hours long on almost every ride.

There are still APH rates for HRH and PBH (but not RPR), so I would grab those now as they will probably not be available as you get closer to the date. Take a look at https://www.disboards.com/threads/how-i-plan-a-universal-trip.3794121/ for planning your first trip. You will want at least 1 Seasonal AP, as it will save several hundred dollars on a room at a deluxe resort (and still quite a bit at a value resort). I'd just get Seasonal APs for everyone, in case you can make a second trip later...

If you are not staying onsite, avoid the mid day break. The parks have been hitting capacity, especially weekends and holidays. As I understand it...You would not be allowed back into a park until a certain number of guests leave.
I would personally find EP to be essential for a successful trip during the spring break timeframe.

Just got back from our 4 day trip (Feb 12-15) and the parks were definitely as crowded as I had expected. EP lines were still pretty good at 10-20 minutes for most rides, but they were definitely longer than Thanksgiving when PBH was closed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter