Question about Ft Wilderness Buses' music?

DierFam4

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know where I can find or download the music that is played on the campground buses?

I can't really recall what's currently being played, but in the past I remember a mix of various artists. I recognized some of the songs from Bela Fleck's 'Bluegrass Sessions'

This is one of those topics where there is a lot of misinformation on the Internet. No two lists on the internet agree with each other. Others refer to the music from "Ft. Wilderness Lodge". <wow>

People are interested in the background music (BGM) loops that play in the parks and resorts. Over the years I have amassed a LOT of BGM from the parks and resorts.

Specifically to the Fort BGM, there are two different types. One is mainly orchestral (played by orchestras) and the other is primarly banjo led music (played by bands).

I have two BGM loops specific to the Fort, each mp3 files that run about 60 minutes each. The orchestral loop I have heard is also attributed to Wilderness Lodge. The staff at WL has over the years handed out lists of music tracks but the tracks have changed over the last ten years. But they all include most of the same pieces (usually in different order):

Some pieces are from old western movies from the 50s. This recording is a source (The Wild West - The Essential Film Collection):

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00000K2DU/ref=oh_details_o05_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Specifically, the Big Country, Silverado, Sons of Katie Elder, How The West Was Won, and Wyatt Earp tracks come from this CD on the orchestral loop I have.

Also the "Dances with Wolves - Ride to Ft. Hayes", a tune from Last of the Mohicans soundtrack, and Aaron Copland's music: "Rodeo" (Buckaroo Holiday)and "Billy the Kid (Hoedown)" and "Appalachian Spring (Very Slowly). The Copland music is off this disc recorded by Leonard Bernstein.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000029XG/ref=oh_details_o05_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I don't claim that my two loops are the only two loops at the Fort. Although I have heard both of mine played there (the orchestral around Pioneer Hall and the banjo at the Meadow TP).

The banjo loop is less known to me but I have identified at least six tunes by Bela Fleck from his Newgrass period or just thereafter.

His CD Bluegrass Sessions: Tales from the Acoustic Planet Volume 2 is outstanding at least three songs are on my banjo loop: Blue Mountain Hop, Overgrown Waltz, and Dark Circle:

http://www.amazon.com/The-Bluegrass-Sessions-Acoustic-Planet/dp/B00000JC6D/ref=pd_sim_m_3

Don't get Volume 1 unless you want a more new age jazz banjo sound (there is such a thing). Another CD of his, Places, has another three tunes on the loop I have: Deviation, Lowdown, and Four Wheel Drive.

Not on the loop but the following two CD's I would recommend from Bela Fleck. The first is Drive and is probably the best newgrass album I own.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dpopular&field-keywords=bela+fleck+drive+hybrid

This hybrid CD has 10 songs plus two bonus songs which are outstanding. It looks as if the hybrid CD is no longer available on Amazon (remastered). But any way you can get it, if you want a musical fix that sounds like the Fort, get DRIVE. Again, none of these songs are on the Fort loops that I know of but they are just as good or better.

If you are interested in one more Bela Fleck CD, the Telluride Sessions CD

http://www.amazon.com/Telluride-Sessions-Strength-Numbers/dp/B000006EJJ/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1360983263&sr=1-1&keywords=bela+fleck+telluride+sessions

is a little more modern but it is outstanding.

I own all these CD's I've listed. You can't buy the loops per se and I don't know what loops play on the bus but there are ways to get your Fort fix with some really outstanding music. Like me, next time you are standing down around Trails End and you recognize an orchestral piece from the BGM loop playing, you can whistle along.

I'm a big believer that music helps set the scene and lends atmosphere to a visitor's experience.

Bama ED

Bama Ed-

That is one of the most awsomest :) replies ever!

It looks like I need to do some shopping :thumbsup2

I love my Fort and theme park music.

Thanks Kattabba and eastatlantaguys. I listened to my two loops at work today after I read your kind words. :upsidedow

Bama ED

PS - buy some of those CDs I listed especially Bela Fleck's Tales Vol 2 and Drive. You won't be disappointed...

Hi!!
Does anybody know the music that plays (or use to play) At Fort Wilderness during Christmas time?
I know one of the songs was "The holly and the ivy by Alex De Grassi" that was one of my favorites

Mousebits is gone I think, would of love to have gotten on there!

This is the list we used to hand out when asked:

BACKGROUND MUSIC FROM FORT WILDERNESS:
(Yes, many are also played at Wilderness Lodge)

"The Big Country"
Artist: Jerome Moross
Album: The Big Country

"Prairie Night"
Artist: Bill Frisell

"Appalachian Spring Ballet"
Artist: Aaron Copland

"On the Trail"
Artist: Erich Kunzel and Cincinnati Pops Orchestra

"The Last of the Mohicans Main Title"
Album: The Ultimate Movie Music Collection
Artist: Erich Kunzel and Cincinnati Pops Orchestra

"The Wave"
Album: Angels In The Outfield
Artist: Randy Edelman

"The Heiress Suite"

"Billy the Kid"

"Buckaroo Holiday"

"Ride To Fort Hays"
Album: Dances With Wolves
Artist: John Barry

"Buffalo Hunt"
Album: Dances With Wolves
Artist: John Barry

"Theme from How the West Was Won"
Album: Best Of The West

"Silverado Theme"

"Top of the World"
Artist: The Carpenters

"Duel in the Sun"

"Wyatt Earp"
Artist: James Newton Howard

"Sand Creek Memories"
Artist: Peter Kater

"Bunkhouse"
Album: Of Mice and Men
Artist: Mark Isham

"Appalacian Morning"
Artist: Paul Winter Consort

"Creation"
Artist: Douglas Spotted Eagle

"Siyo Tanka"
Artist: Tim Crawford and Paul Stavenjord

"Grand Panorama"
Artist: Ferde Grofe

"The Map is Real... and on Fire"
Artist: Marc Shaiman

"Wagon Chase"
Artist: James Newton Howard

"End Credits from Field of Dreams"
Artist: James Horner

"Earth Day"
Artist: Joe Roccisano

"Dodge City"

Thanks Scupper, I'm about to hit up iTunes. Our camper has the outside speakers, so now no matter whatever campground we go we can bring a little bit of FW with us, yup my neighbors will just love us!! :rotfl2:

Our camper has the outside speakers, so now no matter whatever campground we go we can bring a little bit of FW with us, yup my neighbors will just love us!

1) They also love US when we strike up the Bluegrass Music at The Fort.
2) I always bring my 5-string banjo and 12-string guitar.
3) When we stay at a cabin, a few members of the band come for a visit and we JAM in the evenings.
4) By the way, for locals or those campers who want to drive a few minutes, we play outdoors EVERY Friday night, rain or shine.
5) This is just a bunch of folks who enjoy playing and JAM when they can get there.

NOTE: Search for "The Ocoee Parking Lot Bluegrass Jam" on YouTube.Com.

I've been on iTunes all morning!!!
Thanks for posting!!!!
Awesome!!!!

Would you happen to have the Christmas music loop from Fort Wilderness too

One of the songs is:

"The Holly and the Ivy"
By: Alex De Grassi

Spent a lot of Christmases sitting at pioneer hall people watching and playing chess listening to that loop

The last time I heard it was 2010
The loop is around 40 mins long

1) They also love US when we strike up the Bluegrass Music at The Fort.
2) I always bring my 5-string banjo and 12-string guitar.
3) When we stay at a cabin, a few members of the band come for a visit and we JAM in the evenings.
4) By the way, for locals or those campers who want to drive a few minutes, we play outdoors EVERY Friday night, rain or shine.
5) This is just a bunch of folks who enjoy playing and JAM when they can get there.

NOTE: Search for "The Ocoee Parking Lot Bluegrass Jam" on YouTube.Com.

Mr. Scupper........ being from the Bluegrass state, I must say that Bluegrass music just makes you wanna sing, tap your feet and just have a good time with your friends. You say that you play every Friday night. Are you talking about playing at the Fort and if so, where?

You say that you play every Friday night. Are you talking about playing at the Fort and if so, where?

1) The Jam session occurs every week, literally in the parking lot at the shopping center.
. . . I make it there as often as possible.
. . . typically every-other week
2) As for The Fort,
. . . when I stay at the cabins, a few of the folks usually stop by and we jam
. . . only once did we have a complaint about the "noise"
. . . not sure, but that might have been when I started to sing along
. . . my voice has been compared to "fingernails on a blackboard"

Last edited:
Wishing I was there this Friday to hear the jam session, sounds fun!

Richard

....holding my Mouse Ears over my heart, mourning the passing of MouseBits. I loved that site. I wonder what happened?
Godspeed, me hearties...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter