Question about flying

cheap traveler

DIS Veteran
I am a novice flyer - have only flown once before, round trip to Disney a few years ago. With all the liquids restrictions, I am wondering about checked luggage. All the info I can find is about how much liquid can be carried on, nothing about what I can check. My question is, does anyone know if I can still check a full sized bottle of shampoo, for example? We have the dining plan, so I decided not to have a grocery delivery, and I would like to also check a box of Capri Sun drinks.
Thank you all!!

I just thought I should mention, if you're staying on WDW property, they use H20 Bath aquatics Shampoo and soaps. Very nice. One little bottle of that will last me 5-7 days depending on how generously I pour it. My hair is long and I would say medium thickness.

Packing light is so difficult but it's nice when you know you don't need to pack a ton of shampoo/soap products because what is provided is high quality.

Just FYI. :)

you can put any size liquid in you check bag just watch the weight of the bag check bags can only weigh so much and then the air lines charge you , or you can do what we do , put together a box or two with chips , drinks , cereal , pop tarts ,and nonperishable stuff and ship it a couple of day before you leave to your resort they will hold it for you till you arrive

Thank you for the list of items allowed!! That is very helpful. Thank you to everyone who responded!! I have been thinking about mailing down a package, but haven't decided yet. It is just me and 2 little ones, so we have lots of extra space in the 3 bags we can bring. I chose capri sun drinks because the box they come in is pretty strong, but i would still put it inside a big ziplock, same with the shampoo.
I usually don't use the shampoo they supply in the hotel because I have a dry & sensitive scalp, so I use extra-gentle shampoo. My 2.5 year old still has a tendency to get shampoo in her eyes, so we have to use no-tear soap.

Actually I think those products are only at the moderate & deluxe resorts. Last year we received them (we're DVC), while my parents were at POP and received Mickey soaps, shampoo, etc.

Oops, good to know! We are DVC members too. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter