Question about fireworks, and noise

sterre

Earning My Ears
I am going to MNSSHP in October. My DD is four, and hates fireworks with a passion. Hates any really loud noise. Which is pretty average for her age I guess. Anyway, we tried to leave MK on our recent visit before the fireworks, and ended up in a bus line listening to them. She was not a happy kid. So, I want to do the later parade at MNSSHP since the crowd will be less, and then go home. But its after fireworks. So, is there anywhere in the park I can take her, that is age appropriate (so Space Mountain is out!) where we won't hear the fireworks? Would the dance party with Woody and Jesse work, you think?

One suggestion would be to head to one of the MK resorts (Poly or perhaps Ft Wilderness) and watch from the beach.

My (then) DD4 and me saw the fireworks from the Ft. Wilderness beach; she played in the sand and we all enjoyed the fireworks from a distance -- they even piped in the music.

And if you decided to head to Ft. Wilderness, you can go early and hit the Chip and Dale Sing-a-long, the marshmallow roast and/or the outdoor movie/cartoon (all before the fireworks).

There are going to be loud pops and booms no matter where you are in the park. What I noticed is when we were in Adventureland it seemed to be more tolerable. My DH had a roaring headache that night so I was looking for a place to kind of mute the sound for him. If you can get on POTC at that time you can't hear them at all, so we stayed on that for the duration, lol.

You could go on the Carousel of Progress just before the fireworks are due to start- it lasts about 20 minutes, and you should not be able to hear the fireworks from in there. If the fireworks are still going on, I'm sure you could just stay in the theater for another show. Mickey's Philharmagic, Monsters, Inc and Enchanted Tikiroom would work, too. Also, I have heard that the Baby care center is sound proof, with rockers and disney cartoons on a tv- you could wait the show out there, and get a welcome break too! My daughter found the dance parties just as loud and upsetting as the fireworks show. Hope this helps.

Roo2

Have you tried ear plugs to help her with the noise?

Denise in MI

My son had plain headphones - the kind that covers the ears - he was hypersensitive to those boom/pops - when he got older, then he used the ear plugs -

You could go on the Carousel of Progress just before the fireworks are due to start- it lasts about 20 minutes, and you should not be able to hear the fireworks from in there. If the fireworks are still going on, I'm sure you could just stay in the theater for another show. Mickey's Philharmagic, Monsters, Inc and Enchanted Tikiroom would work, too. Also, I have heard that the Baby care center is sound proof, with rockers and disney cartoons on a tv- you could wait the show out there, and get a welcome break too! My daughter found the dance parties just as loud and upsetting as the fireworks show. Hope this helps.

Roo2

I am 99% sure that COP is not open during MNSSHP. Philharmagic or POTC are both good ideas. My kids hate the noise too. We were by the teacups last year and I had to sit with my hands over my DD7's ears. Not fun.

Yes, what about earplugs?

We did that with our daughter until she grew old enough to tolerate the noise. She started out ok, but around age 5 she hated fireworks. Actually, she loved the colours & display, but was scared of the noise. So she wore earplugs.

It was a great solution because there was no way the rest of the family wanted to miss fireworks.

We have the same issues with my DS. Last year we were on POTC-it was the closest ride we could get on and I was sooo lucky to just make it off of the HUB before the fireworks started. He still talks about going on POTC because he didn't want to see the fireworks.

When we went to MVMCP we got caught in ToonTown during the fireworks. He cried and cried and has his eyes closed so tightly. We tried to take him on the barnstormer-he sealed his eyes shut the whole time-He even had his eyes closed 10 mins after it was over. He didn't believe us that it was over!

The store/arcade that SM dumps into might be an option. Or maybe inside Cosmic Rays?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter