Question about FastPass+ and Character Meet and Greet

lebeauc

Earning My Ears
I have a little dilemma. My wife, myself and my triplets are going to be in the MK on 4/30. My 2 DDs would love to meet Anna and Elsa. I was able to reserve FP+ for 4 of us by getting 1 for me and 1 DD at 1 time and another for DW and the other DD at an overlapping time. The problem is that now the system won't let me add my son since he is under 7, they required an adult with him. I've tried looking for FP+ for Anna and Elsa by selecting 1 adult and 2 kids, but it greys the attraction out in the list and states Standby Available.

My question is would I have an issue if my DS was with us in line? He doesn't care if he see's Anna and Elsa. If worse came to worse, my in-laws will be in the park that day also, and could probably watch him for us, but it would be nice if he could get in too.

Does anyone think the CMs will have a problem with this? The way I see it, is a party of 3 doing the meet and greet will be taking about the same amount of time as a party of 5, so why should this be an issue?

BTW, the kids will all be 5 when we go (if that even matters)

My guess is that if he doesn't have a FP he won't be allowed in the FP line, even if he is a child and doesn't want to really even meet them.

The best thing to do is call Disney IT to have your son added to your Fp+ time. He won't be allowed into the line without Fp+.

Did you try using the copy function in MDE to copy your day's FP+ itinerary to him? That's how I did it for my family.

Yes, I tried the copy function and got an error every time I tried it (multiple times, different days).

I called them up and they were able to help me out. I ended up swapping my FP+ for A and E to my MIL, so her, my wife and 2 DDs can go to the meet and greet.

Thanks for the help.

Adding another question. I am at 60 days out and meet and greet with Anna and Elsa are grated out - any idea why?

What I had to do was select 2 people per day and then just get overlapping FP+ times so at least 4 of us could go at once. Now, when I select 2 people for the days we will be there, it is still grayed out. It only gives me time if I only select 1 person at a time.

If you are having issues, you could always give them a call. They were really helpful for my situation.

When I called the lady on the phone said Anna and Elsa is extremely popular right now and very hard to get PS+s for.

Yep. By the time I realized, I had to do it one family member at a time, and we ended up with a 20 minute window of overlapping FP+. Still should work.

If it were me, I would take DH's magic band and give it to my son (if your son wants to meet them). If not, have mom and the girls go in together and dad and son stay outside. Free up dad's DP for someone else if you are okay with standing in a short line with both girls.

The best thing to do is call Disney IT to have your son added to your Fp+ time. He won't be allowed into the line without Fp+.

Hello- what is the IT contact info? I am having problems reserving our FP selections... I don't want all 6 of us to do all 3 rides together. Two of us want to ride Space Mtn! Not sure how to reserve 2 rides for all 6 of us and then split up for our third fast pass of the day.

Thanks!

Hello- what is the IT contact info? I am having problems reserving our FP selections... I don't want all 6 of us to do all 3 rides together. Two of us want to ride Space Mtn! Not sure how to reserve 2 rides for all 6 of us and then split up for our third fast pass of the day. Thanks!

Some have reported its easiest to book the whole family for the same ride and then go in and change the ride for those who are choosing something different.

Hello- what is the IT contact info? I am having problems reserving our FP selections... I don't want all 6 of us to do all 3 rides together. Two of us want to ride Space Mtn! Not sure how to reserve 2 rides for all 6 of us and then split up for our third fast pass of the day.

Thanks!

I just called the main Disney world number. When they asked what I needed help with, I just said FastPass+. I was on hold for maybe 15 minutes, then someone came on and was able to help me out.

Some have reported its easiest to book the whole family for the same ride and then go in and change the ride for those who are choosing something different.

that's what I did. I booked FP+ for the headliners and then changed those of us didn't want to do that ride to something else. Got times that were very close.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter