• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Question about eyelet setting

josanna

Earning My Ears<br><font color=9966ff>Josh Hartnet
Okay, so I broke down and bought an eyelet setter to make my waterfall cards. It came with the punch and setter in two sizes. The smaller was 1/8, I believe. That is the size of eyelets I have. Punched just fine. However, when I was using the setter, it seemed as if it were too big for the eyelet and didn't really lay it flat at all, it just kind of mashed it down and it wasn't even. One of them wouldn't even stay in the hole. Am I doing something wrong or do I have to go and buy the next smaller size setter for the eyelet? I'm so frustrated with this thing, all I wanted to do was make a darn card! Thanks! :confused3

I have a Clickit setter set and I have to press down twice for every eyelet. I dont know if this is the problem you are having, but you might want to try it! If this doesnt work then maybe you should consider returning what you have and getting a Clickit! Its a great set with everything you could possibly need.

clickit

I have found that some eyelets are just plain hard to set no matter which tool you use. The Making Memories seem to be the easiest ones for me. I saw this question on another board and someone said to use a pair of small wire cutters and make a few extra cuts in the back portion before setting and this may help. I tried that with the mickey eyelets and it worked.
HTH
Deb

I was taught to us the pointed tip one and then use the setter. It works for me almost everytime.

I have the silent setter. Well worth the $. Making Memories and Joanns eyelets are harder to use with it. The doodlebug and Stampin up ones are the best.

What brand setter do you have?

I don't have it here but I think it is made by Making Memories. I got it at my LSS and it is in a metal case with an exacto knife, glue and other stuff.

The one I bought was on clearance at Wal-Mart. I've tried to use it since and still can't get the eyelet to flatten out. The eyelets and setter are both M'Bellish. Wouldn't you think that they would work together? I'll try using the wire snips to see if that helps. Thanks.

I think eyelets are easier to set if they are made out of aluminum rather than some other metal. Unfortunately many companies don't tell you what there eyelets are made out of so you don't know until you try them.

Try aluminum eyelets if you can find them. These work great with the Silent Setter, which I have and love. Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter