Question about ECV delivery/pick-up.

lilly6

Earning My Ears
My mom is in the process of arranging for her ECV. Not sure which company she is renting from, but they want to know what time she will meet them at Bell Services to deliver the ECV and to pick it up as well. I was under the impression that at least one of the companies that work with Disney would just drop it off at Bell Services? Am I wrong about that? Thx.

Never mind! I just learned that she was calling a non-preferred vendor that I have never heard of, even though we gave her the info for the preferred vendors. Oh, mom! Thanks anyway!

moms can be great can't they I can see my mom doing this or maybe it is flash backs of her doing something similar to this ;) I hope you have a great trip with your mom

There aren't any preferred vendors. This designation strongly implies there are negative issues with all the other companies.

The companies that pay Disney to be able to use Bell Services as the transfer point are Featured Vendors, not preferred.

"Preferred" implies those companies are better than the other companies. They're not necessarily. Those five companies opt to pay a fee to WDW for the convenience of using Bell Services. Disney itself now designates them as Featured.

There are excellent rental equipment companies that choose not to pay whatever the ongoing charge is - among them Randy 's Mobility (which has always delivered directly to the customer), Walker Mobility, and Scooterama.

Yes there are preferred vendors or featured vendors that you can use that will drop off right at bell services. When I was researching prices for our last trip I found that they were all a little more pricey than some of the other vendors that are not featured or preferred. The reason they are probably a little more expensive it because they do pay the price to Disney to be able to use their bell services. Its very convenient to be able to have the scooter dropped off at bell services. Although on our last trip I chose to go with Walker only because they had a pink scooter and I will literally pay extra to ride around in a pink scooter, lol. They were very good and dropped off exactly when they said they would and then when I had a problem, the charger they gave me was not working...so my next day at Disney the scooter wasn't at full charge. Anyways I called them right when they opened and the lady on the phone grabbed the guy that was packing the truck for the days deliveries and they were able to get a new scooter on the truck for me. I also told them I had breakfast reservations at the Poly and they said that was no problem and they would drop the scooter off there. I went into the poly for breakfast and by the time we were finished breakfast they were there with the new scooter so I didn't really miss a beat of my day with the whole issue. If I ever need another scooter rental I would probably rent from them again in a heartbeat. They had excellent customer service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter