Question about E Ride night--worth it?

fabwallsmom

Earning My Ears
I've just learned about the E Ride night. Is it worth the extra $12? Are the lines really shorter or non-existent? How far in advance can you get tickets? I'm going July 7-14th (just booked free frequent flyer tickets yesterday!). Will they know which nights yet?

Thanks,
Robin:earsgirl:

It is so worth it when you go in the summer. Not only are the lines very short, but it is not as hot at midnight as it is during the day.

You've got a few months to wait before you'll know whether any will be offered when you are there, though. When they are offered, they are usually Tuesdays and Fridays. We did two last June and had planned to do one on a short trip in July, but it rained cats and dogs that night.

It depends...I think you are really paying for the park to be open longer.

I have done it and found the lines were just as long. There are proportionately less things open and fewer CM's. That being said however, I would do it again as I love MK at night!

Hope this helps!

I guess like anything else, it depends on the particular crowds, but we've done it 2 or 3 times and even on the busiest nights, it still beats waiting in day-time lines! My DS (then 7) and I got to ride everything twice last May. It was great!

Oops! Almost forgot! The concessions areas close at regular park closing (I think), so it's hard to get a drink or snack that late.

Hi~ We did this 2x's in the past 2 years. To me the lines are not non-existent(double negative...oops), but the crowds around you are MUCH lighter. I equate it to the last hour wait time in any park...anywhere from a 5 minute wait to a 20 minute wait.

Incidently I took the most AWSOME picture of main street on an E-Ride night. This happened because as everyone was running to the rides at the start of the event I took my kids shopping for some sweatsuits in the shops on main street. Lo-and-behold(1 hour later...I REALLY enjoy shopping) when we came out of the shops there was not a soul on Main Street....It WAS a really cool picture. Two minutes later the "clean-up crew came out on roller blades and made for some really great pic's again.

Have Fun...and hope they have E-Ride available when you go!!!

I believe that it is totally worth it. My family and I have done e-ticket night 3 times, always during the summer. Each time we got on Thunder Mountain, Space Mountain, and Splash Mountain, three times. Plus we did all the other rides at least twice. And seeing the park so empty will always be a cherished memory.

I believe that it is totally worth it. My family and I have done e-ticket night about 3 times, always during the busy summer months. The lines have been short and we got on all of the "mountains", 2 or 3 times each. Plus we still had time to do the others at least 2 times. And the memory of the magic kingdom with no big crowds will be cherished.

It's a great experience. It is one of my DD's (7) favorite things to do. Being the MK that late with so few peoplae is really cool. And there are some food places open - Casey's on Main Street for example is usually open.

It's totally worth it especially at that time of the year.I've never exprienced long lines and it's much more pleasant weather wise at night in Florida in July!:sunny:

It is totally worth it. We did it in mid-July in 2002 and there were no lines. We rode SM and Buzz Lightyear about 5 times in a row. Even though the sun is down, it is still extremely humid. But it almost feels like you are there alone compared to the amount of people there during the day.

:( They may be great, but with no planned e-night for 2004, does it really matter? :(

Hi.....i think spending the extra $12 is worth it! My dad and i have done the E-ride night before and it was soo fun! We were the only 2 on the splash mountain and on space mountain. There is absolutely no wait at all. Accasionally there will be a minute wait or so but thats about it. It is way better than waiting in line when the parks are open. Every chance that we get we use the E-ride night.......it is soo beautiful at night also!

Have fun! :wave2:

We went 2 years ago in March and it was very crowded. It was very frustrating/disappointing after I had read tons of reports about people getting to ride rides 3 - 4 times in a row. We rode each ride (except HM & AE) one time and it was over. Was is worth the $12? Somewhat...at that time of year MK is typically not opened late, so I loved being in the park after dark. I was hoping to try again this March, but none have been scheduled. My feeling is to always give something a try once. Just know that there's no way to predict what the crowds might be like.

I LOVE E-Ride nights and am having a panic attack wondering if Disney has cut them. We go to every E-Ride night during our 11 day stay. With attendence rebounding (even setting records), WDW needs to start scheduling them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter