Question about DVC property Community Halls

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by DLgal, Oct 10, 2013.

1. DLgal

DLgal DIS Veteran

Are these accessible to all guests, or just DVC members?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Guests staying at that DVC resort. If you aren't staying at a DVC resort with a Community Hall, you shouldn't be using it. It's paid for with DVC Member fees.

4. spiceycat

spiceycat <font color=blue>Own at BWV, VWL and BLT<br><font

agree - even for cash guests staying at a DVC resort - you get to use the community halls - there will be charge for things that members can get free or at a discount.

5. kammom18

kammom18 Mouseketeer

What about guests who purchased DVC points? Are they allowed to utilize the Community Halls?:confused3

6. Sappermont

Sappermont DIS Veteran

What is in the Community Hall?

7. MAO

MAO BWV Owner

If by "purchased DVC points" you mean 'rented from a DVC owner' -- yes, if you are staying at a DVC resort, regardless of how you got there, you should be able to use the Community Hall associated with that resort. (If you meant something else, I'm totally confused.)

I do not know if you have to be a DVC member to use all of the services for free, but even if you have to pay a fee it's pretty reasonable.

The Community Halls usually have games and books and craft sessions every day. DVC members (and, possibly, those who rented from a DVC member) can check out DVDs for free and those people paying in some form other than points can rent them for a nominal fee. I think there are usually bicycles to rent there. Board games and books can be taken back to your room; I've never checked out any Community Hall other than Boardwalk's, but BW has a couple of computer game stations and a pool/air hockey/something like that in the middle of it. I would not be surprised to discover that you can rent tennis supplies there, either.

8. Lil' Grumpy

Lil' Grumpy <font color=purple>Lil' Grumpy is really a Big Swe

i would agree unless the community halls are paid by owners'
    dues...then that would be unethical for disney to permit non-
    owners....based on money.