Question about Drink Options

WyldLynx

Crazy Disney Addict
Here is the situation. Sept 2013(yeah I know a little early, but I am working on more then one trip), my family DH, 2 DSs and I am taking my "little" brother (I say that loosely he is 6'1" and 28yrs old:lmao:) for his first ever trip to the world. Now he is insulin diabetic but his favorite drink is Diet Mellow Yellow. Is there anywhere in the parks that sells it? Or would we need to take some with us? We drive down so that is no problem just trying to figure out a few things. It is just a little different things to worry about with him being Diabetic and he does a very good job about managing it but I still worry about him.

Have him consider drinking much water while at WDW. The added exercise of walking, and the heat (yes, September will still be hot and humid) will change his body's use of glucose (and therefore his insulin needs). If he is Type I he should be checking his blood levels more than usual (actually, same for Type II).

Sorry no Mello Yello is served/offered at WDW. Bring some with you.

Thanks mom2of2, I kinda figured that we would have to bring some with us, just thought I'd check though. Just one more thing to add to the list then :)

Have him consider drinking much water while at WDW. The added exercise of walking, and the heat (yes, September will still be hot and humid) will change his body's use of glucose (and therefore his insulin needs). If he is Type I he should be checking his blood levels more than usual (actually, same for Type II).

Thanks DVC~OKW~96, I plan on taking a couple cases of water and Bubba is good about drink it but I just wanted to have a few extra surprises for him. I am making sure we have extra supplies just so he can check more often, I haven't had to deal too much with his diabetes, other then cooking with his bg in mind when he comes over. But I am getting a bit of a crash course now because I know there will be new factors to consider that I know he will not think about, so I want to be as prepared as possible. But I also wanted to have some things he really enjoys as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter