Question about double stroller with three kids

aaronlisar

Mouseketeer
Yeah, I know the math doesnt add up... Anyway, we just bought a double stroller and planned to bring it to Disney with us. We have three kids ages 5, 2 and 1. Originally we planned on using the stroller for the younger two kids but I'm wondering if we might need something for our DS5 as well. I don't want to bring a stroller only to find out that we didn't need it but I also don't want to not bring something and find it to be a big pain. Should we just try to swap kids out of the double stroller (it's a sit and stand one) when needed or what?

We were at Disney this past February when my youngest daughter was only 4. She was such a trooper and we didn't need a stroller for her. I think she was running on pure adrenline :rotfl: It was like watching the energizer bunny. Granted, once we returned to our hotel room every night, I barely got her jammies on and she was out! :) Then again, DH and myself were out cold by 10pm ourselves! Ah the energy of the young!

A side note...our last day at Disney we spent at AK and my 4 year old started feeling ill (coughing and tired.) We did rent a stroller from Disney that day, she actually ended up with a cold. I have to give Disney a :thumbsup2 for their strollers, they're soooo easy to push and light as a feather. Weird but true. HTH! :goodvibes

My 5 year still NEEDS his 'big boy stroller" :lmao: in Disney. Heat, a LOT of walking, excitement, etc. adds up to us having this only at WDW. I refuse to pay what they charge today for their rentals. I bring along the lightest reclining single and it works out wonders for our family. Believe it or not, he even takes a lil' nap in there when he is so wiped out!:thumbsup2

Thanks for the replies. I also forgot to mention that we plan on heading back to the POP every day to relax a while before heading back out so that might help some.

We just got back last week, with 3 kids 8,7, and 3.
We brought our own umbrella for the little guy, but still rented the double for the big kids on days we knew we wanted to stay in the park late, or when it was particularly hot.
For me, the $$ was worth the lack of complaining and the fact that the kids were not completely wiped at the end of the day!
:wizard:

we went last May and at that time, our kids were 5, 3, and 9 months. We brought the double for our younger 2 children. Our 5 year old did not need the stroller and honestly, we wouldn't have brought another stroller with us for him...it was difficult enough getting the 3 kids and the double stoller on the little tram things!

We rented a Double disney stoller for 7, 5 and 3...they all used it regularily and they seemed to be able to not use it at different times.

Absolute necessity for a 5 year old in my opinion

I have a sit & stand for my 3 kids (I know the math thing again!).

I bought it in 2006 when my youngest was 6 months old, my middle was 3 & my oldest was 5-5.5.

I have put all 3 of them on it at once if I needed too. It isn't easy to steer but it sure beats listening to them moan.

I have also mananged to get the 2 older ones to sit in the back with multiple complaints that "I am squished".

But we get by.

I plan on using it this August & my youngest will be 2.5 & my other 2 will be almost 5 & 7.5. I am sure they will all be on it at once at least once during our trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter