Question about Disney seafood restaurants

Masonmj84

DIS Veteran
Last weekend, I took my family to Bonefish Grill, which I regard as one of the better national restaurant chains (seafood or otherwise).

For those of you familiar with Bonefish Grill and Disney seafood restaurants, how do the following Disney seafood restaurants compare:

Flying Fish
Narcoossee's
Coral Reef

(I realize Coral Reef is at least a cut below the first two as it's not a signature, just trying to get a sense of where to set my expectations)

Bonefish is my at home splurge restaurant and it does give me a bit of longing for Disney. I would say that having eaten at all 3 that Flying Fish and Coral Reef are the closest comparison. Narcoossee's we always have steak and lobster and I have never had steak at Bonefish so I am not sure how to compare the two.

I would go with Flying Fish as the best on property fish restaurants. :cool1:

Bonefish in our area is better than those restaurants, but not being in Disney makes a difference in my opinion. I love Disney, but I would go to Cape May before going back to those restaurants. We've never been disappointed there :thumbsup2 Of course, it mostly has clam chowder, crab legs, clams, fried shrimp or calamari - not usually fried fish.

flying fish (been 4x's) and citricos (been 3x's) both better or equal to bonefish.

narcoossee's (been 3x's) can be hit or miss (wide swing between just ok to really good) as was the fish dish i had at california grill (been 3x's).

coral reef is more like choosing fish at an applebee's (imo). only went once.

haven't eaten at fultons or cape mays.

oh...blue zoo (been once so far) was good too. just not on the dining plan if that's an issue. if you have a car or don't mind a short taxi ride head over to bahama breeze. there's one on i-drive and one on vineland. never had a bad meal there and i'd rank them as at least as good as if not better than bonefish. just call ahead for a table on busy nights.

I agree that Flying Fish is similar in quality to Bonefish. I haven't eaten at Coral Reef or Narcoosee's. We're eating at Bluezoo next weekend hoping it will be a little better than those. We do like Bonefish, but try to find better food on vacation than we can have any night at home.

Bonefish is one of our favorite restaurants! :love: I would say that Flying Fish, Fulton's and Narcoossee's are all fairly comparable. Coral Reef is nice but not in the same league and Cape May is a hot mess in comparison BF.

Assume you went to Bonefish just for seafood??

If so, the menu is more extensive than any of the WDW places.

That said, for seafood it's better than Coral Reef and Narcoossee's.

About equal with Fultons.

Not quite as good as Flying Fish or Blue Zoo.

You'd be happy with Flying Fish. :thumbsup2

Out of the others suggested, I have tried Narcoosee's and Fulton's and sadly cannot recommend either of them. Narcoosee's was not good for seafood, the lobster was tough and chewy. :( And Fulton's...hate to say it, but my family thought is was a notch down from Red Lobster. Very disappointing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter