question about disney gift cards and money on KTTW cards

keranmac

Earning My Ears
If you put money on gift cards or KTTW card and you don't use it all are you able to get the cash back?:confused3

When I was at BWV a year or so ago, I had about $400 in Disney gift cards with me. I was going to put them donw against my room charges and dining plan cost. Well, imagine my surprise when I found out that my credit card had already been charged for both my dining plan cost as well as my friend's!! She had brought cash to pay for her ddp. Nothing was said to me when doing the online checkin about my cc being charged then. We all realize now that this is the policy. Funny thing is that the day before, when we checked into AKL for the night, my cc hadn't been charged for our one night of ddp. Go figure. Anyway...I digress.
I was told that I wouldn't be allowed to put all my gift cards against my room charges until the charges appeared. Why? According to the BW CM, many people had done that, and then were very unhappy to find that if there was anything remaining at the end of the stay they weren't able to get it back. So, now, you have to do down to the front desk, before checkout, and then put your gift cards against the room charges. I'm not sure if they would offer a new gift card with the remainder on it or not.
I just did it at AKL and it worked fine...no problems. As far as cash is concerned, I have no idea. I would imagine that they should be able to reimburse you for any remaining cash.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter