• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Question About Disney GCs from Target

mkymouse40

DIS Veteran
When you buy the Disney gift cards from Target, do they charge sales tax on them? I was planning on paying my balance with my Disney Visa, but I just realized how much more I would save with the gift cards.

Problem...I only have 2 days to pay off, so I need answer ASAP! Please, please and thank you for your help.

No sales tax is charged on gift cards. If you buy a $25 card it will be $25. If you pay with the Target red card you will save 5% off that.

No tax. And you'll save even more if you purchase Target gift cards through a gift card reselling site (like cardpool, etc). I got some for 7% off through giftcards.com just last night. If you have the Target redcard, you'll still get the 5% discount - even if you pay with Target gift cards. I paid $132 for $150 in Disney gift cards. Add Ebates.com for an extra 2.5% cash back.

No tax. And you'll save even more if you purchase Target gift cards through a gift card reselling site (like cardpool, etc). I got some for 7% off through giftcards.com just last night. If you have the Target redcard, you'll still get the 5% discount - even if you pay with Target gift cards. I paid $132 for $150 in Disney gift cards. Add Ebates.com for an extra 2.5% cash back.
This is only true when ordering Disney GCs from Target's online store, not in their B&M (brick & mortar) stores. Plus, you need to partially pay for that order with your Target REDCard in order to get the 5% discount. And you cannot order more than 3 GCs in a single transaction.

If you walk into a Target and pick up 3 $50 Disney GCs and pay for them with Target GCs, you will need $150 in Target GCs to complete the transaction. If you don't have enough Target GCs to cover the entire amount, then you can use your REDCard to get a 5% discount off of the remaining amount due. You will not get a discount off of the full purchase price.

And, unless anyone has found different, Ebates doesn't work on GC purchases. I tried it and never got the credit. Have people actually gotten the rebate for purchasing Disney GCs?

And, unless anyone has found different, Ebates doesn't work on GC purchases. I tried it and never got the credit. Have people actually gotten the rebate for purchasing Disney GCs?
Same here. I have never received the Ebates rebate when purchasing gift cards.

Thank you all for answering my question. I need to go buy them today. Does anyone know if BJs Wholesale counts as a grocery store for the 2% Disney Visa reward?

I got my Disney gift cards today and I am half way through entering them all. Wow, it does take a long time doing it! I did save $130 though :thanks:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter