Question about December BCV Availability

pfcurran

Earning My Ears
Hi Everyone!

I wanted to bounce a question off of you about BCV availability in early December. I'm getting mixed feedback depending on who I ask so I thought I would pose the question here as to hopefully get a better idea.

As far as you know, what are your experiences booking BCV for the December 1-15ish timeframe?

I've heard from some that within the 7-11 month window, studio's are readily available and 1-2 Bdrms tend to book up at a steady pace. Inside of 7 months, studios start to go rapidly and 1-2 Bdrms are pretty much nonexistent. Popular place for Xmas it seems! :santa:

What's your take?

Thanks for any input! :wave2:

Hi Everyone!

I wanted to bounce a question off of you about BCV availability in early December. I'm getting mixed feedback depending on who I ask so I thought I would pose the question here as to hopefully get a better idea.

As far as you know, what are your experiences booking BCV for the December 1-15ish timeframe?

I've heard from some that within the 7-11 month window, studio's are readily available and 1-2 Bdrms tend to book up at a steady pace. Inside of 7 months, studios start to go rapidly and 1-2 Bdrms are pretty much nonexistent. Popular place for Xmas it seems! :santa:

What's your take?

Thanks for any input! :wave2:

The first 2 weeks of December is possibly one of the hardest times to book at 7 months at BCV. Studios go first, 2 bedrooms go 2nd and 1 bedrooms book last. We stayed there from Nov 29 to Dec 6 2014 and have the same timeframe already booked for 2015.

If you want to stay there you should probably look into renting points from an owner and book ASAP. Or book your home resort and try to move right at 7 months and waitlist if there is no availability. Good luck.

We've done it twice at the 7 month window for that time frame. No guarantee, but it is possible. It may take patience, diligence, a little luck and maybe some pixie dust. (Sorry, I couldn't resist!) The only way to be reasonably sure, for early December, is to rent from a BVC owner or become a BVC owner yourself. :)

Getting anything at any near park DVC resort at WDW at 7 months out for first half of Dec can be difficult if looking for more than a night or two here and there. Even AKV and OKW have some risk of missing some of the nights during that period at 7 months out, particularly the first week of Dec (the highest DVC demand week of the year). If you want to be assured of getting a near park resort for the first half of Dec, you should either own at the resort or rent from someone who owns at the resort so you can use the 11 month window.

i own bcv and always book any december reservation the first day it opens. there are several types of 2brs and the one with two queens is what i want and it is not there for very long any time in december.

Through your input, I'm starting to get a better idea now.

We've already booked our BCV 1 Bedroom Villa for the early part of December, finding someone with points to do so (to save some $$$) and the transaction went without a hitch.

We have a friend who wanted to go around the same timeframe but when approached with the "no refunds" clause of many points sellers, she backed away from going that way. Instead, she's wanting to go through Disney direct or through a travel agent.

Even if she's lucky enough to receive a nice 30% off PIN for an early December booking, she still won't save nearly as much cash as we did going the points route and her chances of getting that BCV room she wants gets much tougher the longer she waits.

Perhaps she will get lucky ........ :worship:

Thanks Again! :thanks:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter