Question about David's rentals

DharmaLou

Once a Princess, Always a Princess
A friend just showed me his website today.

Let's say we want to rent points for Bay Lake Towers in a standard studio - is it a safe bet to think we'll get this room? Or should we be prepared that we may need to rent more points or have to look at another resort?

I think it would probably depend on how far out you are trying to book. The closer to the 11 months, the better. I believe on their website there is a link for when you should book to get what you want. If it was me I would have a backup :).

We've got quite a while until our trip. I'll have a plan B & C for just in case when it's time!

When we rented at BLT, we did so at exactly the 11 month mark and we still could not get standard view! We had a lake view and it was wonderful though!

They reclassified some floors this year to standard view, so it may be a little easier. Theme Park View starts at the 5th floor (or 6th?) rather than the 3rd.

Thanks for the input. We're not 100% set on specifically the BLT standard room, it was more of an example of "this is the room we want, can we expect to get it or should we have a plan B & C?"

I just think you should plan early (11 months if possible) and then be prepared to be happy with your 2nd and 3rd choice if necessary. If you wouldn't be satisfied with them, I recommend not listing them.

We rented at Aulani this past summer from Dave and found them to be very helpful. A few months before our arrival date, we received info that our reservation number had changed. I could get no satisfaction from the Aulani desk, but I called Dave's and received a prompt reply from them (this was on a Friday about 6 when I notified them). Whatever they tell you, they will do. We made our request pretty far out, and on the day of availability, they contacted me with the response. We were skeptical about using them at first, but I would not hesitate to use them again. I know that's not really what this post is about, but just wanted to let you know I believe they will do their best to satisfy a customer.

Getting BLT Standard is hard even at 11 months. I would be prepared to have second and third choices ready.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter