Question about Creme Brule

becca-becca

DIS Veteran
My DMIL loves Creme Brule. We are all going to WDW in January. I would like to put together a nice list for her of all the restaurants that offer Creme Brule and what kind they have. I know I have seen this somewhere before, but I could not find it when I did a search. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I have had the banana creme brule at Kona Cafe and the Butterscotch one at Coral Reef. Both were fantastic.

Wolfgang Puck Cafe in DTD has a sampler of 4 different creme brulees. I don't remember all the different flavors but I do remember that they were delicious.

Le Cellier now has a sampler of 2 creme brulees- one the maple and I forget what the other one is.

There is pistachio creme brulee at Jiko. And vanilla caramel at Spoodles, if I remember correctly.

The one at Jiko is pistachio/chocoltae. My favorite!!

The Spoodles one was very good.

The Kona one was overcooked for the second time I have been there.

We had the banana creme brulee at Kona and the creme brulees at Le Cellier. Both were good but the vanilla and maple brulees at Le Cellier were by far the best - youm!

Maggs

I know your all going to laugh, but, what is Creme Brulee. I read about it all the time on here, but I don't think I have ever seen it let alone tried it. Maybe they don't have it here in Australia. Can sanyone explain it to me PLEASE. Obviously I will have to try it when were are there in January.

Caltha said:
I know your all going to laugh, but, what is Creme Brulee. I read about it all the time on here, but I don't think I have ever seen it let alone tried it. Maybe they don't have it here in Australia. Can sanyone explain it to me PLEASE. Obviously I will have to try it when were are there in January.

here ya go .. from Wikipedia ..

Crème brûlée

Crème brûlée (French 'burnt cream) is a dessert consisting of a rich custard base topped with a layer of hard caramel, created by burning sugar under a grill or other intense heat source. It is usually served cold in individual ramekins. The custard base is normally flavoured with just vanilla, but it can be flavoured in a number of ways, with chocolate, liqueur, fruit, etc.

in other words .. it's a cold custard served in a small dish .. then the top is cook quickly to form a hot crunchy top .. yum! :goodvibes

CoolDisneyCat said:
here ya go .. from Wikipedia ..

Crème brûlée

Crème brûlée (French 'burnt cream) is a dessert consisting of a rich custard base topped with a layer of hard caramel, created by burning sugar under a grill or other intense heat source. It is usually served cold in individual ramekins. The custard base is normally flavoured with just vanilla, but it can be flavoured in a number of ways, with chocolate, liqueur, fruit, etc.

in other words .. it's a cold custard served in a small dish .. then the top is cook quickly to form a hot crunchy top .. yum! :goodvibes

Thank-you, I will have to try it when there.

Tony's in the MK has pistachio creme brulee
The Brown Derby in MGM has vanilla bean creme brulee.

a surprisingly good one I had was from the bakery in france in epcot. sooo yummy.

maggs said:
The vanilla and maple brulees at Le Cellier were by far the best - youm!

Maggs

I agree, and here it is!!

DSC00960.jpg

Here was mine from Le Cellier, it was Awesome!

Creme Brulee Sampler - Maple creme brulee with carmelized sugar, and Cinnamon whipped cream vanilla creme brulee with carmelized sugar and Vanilla whipped cream.

lecellier3.jpg

Concourse Steakhouse has a very good vanilla bean creme brulee
You're right Minniegirl33 ! I had forgotten. We got that during our 2005 trip. This is it :
f2239334.jpg

the pistachio creme brulee in Tony's in MK was great. I love creme brulee but hate nuts and so i was weary of this one, but you can hardly taste the nuts, I think it's ground into the sugar and it's very subtle.

I don't always make it over to this board...I gain weight just reading :)

Here's the list I made for DD this summer. I am not sure what happened to the celebration ones (if they are still available under a new name or not)

Artist Point - Vanilla Latte
Blue Zoo - Raspberry
Caribbean Beach - Cappuccino
Citrico's - Tropical Fruit
Concourse - Vanilla Bean
Flying Fish - Banana
Fountain View - Orange
Fultons - Milk Choc
Jiko - Pistachio
Kona - Caramel Banana
LeCellier - Maple
Narcoosees - Key Lime
Palio - Lemon
Rose & Crown - Bailey's
Shutters - Passion Fruit
Spoodles - Vanilla Bean
Tony's - Choc. Banana
V&A - Vanilla Bean
Wolfgang - Sampler
Yacht Club - Maple
Pepper Market Varies
Coral Reef Butterscotch

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter