Question about comments section of WDW booking.

mayerobeyer

Earning My Ears
I've never booked directly through WDW before but just did for the Coronado Resort so I have a question regarding the comments section of their booking page. It asks you to note anything they can do for you to make your trip extra special and there's like a 25 key limit or something. Anyway, I wasn't sure what to do here so I just noted that the trip would be a christmas present for my girlfriend and I. My question is has anyone ever noted something like this? If so, what, if anything, did the resort do special for you?

I'm just sort of curious because I think it would be a neat little surprise for my girlfriend if they did something neither one of us knew about.

Thanks ahead of time for any comments or help you guys can offer.

We've noted the special nature of certain visits in the past (though not since we've become DVC members). I think one in four times it actually made a difference, and it was a minor difference at that, a nicer view within the same category I had booked. It cannot hurt to include these comments, but best advice is to not expect anything as a result...

Many, many people are celebrating a special event when they go to WDW. You can put something in the comment section but if you want something special you would be wise to arrange and pay for it yourself.

Right, well I really wasn't expecting anything over the top, I was just curious.

Anyone else ever have some sort of experience with leaving something in the comments section?

Hi Mayer,

When my friend books, she said puts things in there like a special celebration, room location, etc.

I personally have no experience with this. I call Disney directly and provide all of my information to the CM that books me. :)

Hi Mayer;
I booked my husbands 30th birthday online and in the comments I had written it was a surprise birthday trip. I received a phone call not long after that asking me if I had any surprise idea's that i wanted to do for him. I really didnt know what I wanted to do besides the trip but the CM on the phone helped me out alot w/ some ideas. I then in return looked up the resturants that I wanted to take him to and some other little surprises. When I made the reservations, I told them it was a "celebration" trip and they told me they already had it in thier system.
I also called the florist that the Cm told me about and they had something set up in the room for me (of course; this was at an addtional cost) but it was well worth it to see his face when he saw the gift.
I hope this helped and if you have any other questions, feel free to message me.

I've always used that spot for room requests, and usually had them fulfilled. You have to be creative with such a small space for writing!

I put in room preferences. Like the section I want at the resort, a certain building, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter