Question about Children's Meals/Options

Dominion

Mouseketeer
We will be traveling with our 2 daughters - ages 6 and 3 to WDW next fall. We haven't booked the dining plan yet, but one thing I am curious about is the food options for children in the WDW restaurants. My daughters actually like real food, and usually eat what we are eating, as long as its not too spicy or weird for them. Are there children's portions of the adult meals available (on the DP or not) or are they really limited to chicken nuggets, mac n cheese, etc... for the duration of the trip? They (and I) would be fine with that for a few meals, but they will definitely get bored with that for an entire week!!

Thanks!

Some, but you would really have to plan out where you eat. The best thing is to skip the dining plan and let them split adult meals, because the majority is mac n' cheese, nuggets, etc...and not even good nuggets and cheeseburgers. The adults get white meat chicken and ground sirloin. The kids get compressed nuggets and hockey pucks.

It really depends on where you want to eat. I have looked at the menus of where we plan on eating and often make choices with regard to what is offered on the kids menu. My kids also eat what we eat, but items on kids menus, especially the new Be Our Guest restaurant, has started many a debate. There are many places around EPCOT that have more interesting fare on the kids menus. If you haven't ruled out family style meals, or buffets, children are not restricted to the child's choices. The few places we have ADRs for on our upcoming trip, have a non-fried option such as grilled chicken, or fish, even steak. Most character meals are buffets and the cost of the childs DDP is about the same as some of those meals.

If you are only going to restaurants with menus, then you may be better off paying OOP and splitting adult meals with your kids.

Before you make any decision, looking at the menus will help you decide what is best for your family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter