• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Question about Checking Out A Day Early

Roy Disney

Mouseketeer
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone else had to check out earlier than expected for any reason.

We were supposed to stay 7 nights but we have to leave a day earlier due to a death in the family.
We are here now, and checking out tomorrow morning, one day early.

Do you know if Disney refunds the room and dinning plan for one day ?

Thank you.

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone else had to check out earlier than expected for any reason.

We were supposed to stay 7 nights but we have to leave a day earlier due to a death in the family.
We are here now, and checking out tomorrow morning, one day early.

Do you know if Disney refunds the room and dinning plan for one day ?

Thank you.
I'm so sorry. They aren't required to (that's what travel insurance is for) but it never hurts to ask. Disney might well be kind and refund the last night in the spirit of good customer service.

Not sure how it works at the resort rooms, but a few years ago we checked out two days early at FW and they refunded us. It was not an emergency, but cold and rain, and we had had enough. We're not ones of the truly dedicated ones!! :crazy2:

I'm really sorry for your loss.

This past spring I took my boys to CSR for their spring break. On our second night I received a call that my mom passed away unexpectedly. It was the middle of the night, I was in shock, there alone with my kids, and the CMs were excellent in helping me get organized and checked out. We were refunded the unused portion of our stay. I'm not sure if this is standard, but it happened without my asking and it was much appreciated.

I'm really sorry for your loss.

This past spring I took my boys to CSR for their spring break. On our second night I received a call that my mom passed away unexpectedly. It was the middle of the night, I was in shock, there alone with my kids, and the CMs were excellent in helping me get organized and checked out. We were refunded the unused portion of our stay. I'm not sure if this is standard, but it happened without my asking and it was much appreciated.

Thank you
Sorry for your loss

Yes, talk to the manager. I think you will get your room refunded but the dining plan is less likely. Very sorry for your loss.

My sympathies for your loss.

It has been a number of years ago, but I had to check out of WL early due to a family member’s sudden serious illness. At the desk, the CM told me that they wouldn’t refund the cost of the room. I didn’t explain the situation or press the issue; I was too emotional and too much in shock to even think of it. I have purchased travel insurance ever since.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter