Question about Character Breakfasts

NeverBeentoDisney

Ohhh you mean I get to meet Mickey soon?
If I call and book a meal do I have to pay for it up front or is it just a reservation. I am approaching my 90 day mark and I want to make sure I have it in place.

Thanks.

It depends on which meal you book...most are just priority seating and do not require advanced payment....but there are a couple that do....I know hoop-dee-do-revue needs to be paid for in advance. Dining like....chef mickey, O'hana, donalds breakfastaraus...and such do not need to be paid for up front...hope I didn't confuse you.

I just want to book the breakfast at Chef Mickeys, do you know if that is pay in advance or not?

No you do not have to pay in advance for Chef Mickey's. We were there two weeks ago and it was so much fun! One suggestion from the boards that was great was to book the latest seating available (at CM I think it is 11:20 at least that is what we booked) and then it is lunch time (you can have breakfast for breakfast and lunch!! :) )and there is no one there! It was true~ we have pictures of almost all of the characters sitting at our table and playing with my two kids only because there were about 5 kids there by that time! It was great!

You do not have to pre pay but if you want to, you can puchase the breakfast Vouchers to have it paid for before you go!

I second both the late PS time and the vouchers! We LOVE the "brunch" idea. Less crowded, more character time etc.

:) We love Chef Mickey's! :)

I will have to do some research on the vouchers then. I have never been to Disney and everyone I know has never used the vouchers. I will do my research next week. I have to decide this weekend about what day I want to go to the character breakfast since I am approaching the 90 day mark quickly.

Thanks for all the tips.:earsboy:

I am reading all the info on the breakfasts and still can't decide. We have never done this because the two smaller kids eat very little and DH and DD hate breakfast food. That leaves just two of that would actually eat an average amount of food. I just can't decide if it's worth it. My 5yo would love the characters, but I'm not sure if he would love them enough for us to pay that much for a meal most of us don't eat.

I want to decide by Monday because I need to join Hotwire and order a few more of the other vouchers. I just keep going back and forth on breakfast. Even considered leaving DH and DD behind, but they don't enjoy the same things. I could send the three older kids to ride rides and just take DH, myself and DS5. That would just leave one wasted meal, but DH16 would probably prefer to eat with us. I plan to poll the older ones and get their take on it before I order.

Thanks for any advice.

Sheila

Originally posted by swilshire
We have never done this because the two smaller kids eat very little and DH and DD hate breakfast food. That leaves just two of that would actually eat an average amount of food. I just can't decide if it's worth it. My 5yo would love the characters, but I'm not sure if he would love them enough for us to pay that much for a meal most of us don't eat.
Sheila

Knowing this...I would book the Ice Cream Social at the Land in Epcot. It is $7.99 and has 4 characters, best deal on property. It is offered at 3 & 3:30 daily.

Enjoy
Sandy

When you get the last seating for breakfast, do you get to eat the lunch food also?

No, the breakfast and lunch buffets are totally seperate. For places with both breakfast and lunch, the last breakfast seating is at 10:30 and the first lunch seating isn't till 11:30 or 12:00. Chef Mickey's doesn't serve lunch (breakfast and dinner only) so they offer breakfast seatings till 11:30.

We've done Crystal Palace at 10:20 before and had almost one whole section to ourselves (see pic). At about 10:45 they cleared one side of the buffet line to start getting things set up for lunch (no hot food out then, just getting set up). They kept the breakfast stuff fresh but since there were maybe 5 families, we didn't need 2 lines. When we were leaving they were just putting out the lunch food and just starting to call the first people to tabels for lunch. I think they schedule it pretty carefully so there really isn't a chance to get lunch food at breakfast prices.

WDW%20006.jpg

If you have PS for any meal on Christmas or New Year's Day, you will have to prepay.

Originally posted by InstImpres
Knowing this...I would book the Ice Cream Social at the Land in Epcot. It is $7.99 and has 4 characters, best deal on property. It is offered at 3 & 3:30 daily.

Enjoy
Sandy

I'll second that. We've done this 4 times and the kids loves it. Another good reason for doing this is that this is usually a slow time at the Land ensuring lots of character interaction :earsboy:

Last year in June Dale actually sat down to help our youngest color a picture and stayed for more than 5 minutes.

We usually do this on the special "kids decides the menu" day

This usually means pancakes for breakfast, Ice cream for lunch and chicken for dinner :love1:

Helle

I would just throw in our experience at Chef Mickeys late seating. (We always love CM and are going back in a few weeks). We just found the food was "winding down" for the last seating. Towards the end of our time there, the food was kind of going away and what was left didn't compare to when you get there earlier and everything is fresh and hot hot. I don't really remember lots of extra character time either. This year, I could only get a 10:40 PS, so it's late, but not the last one. It's always fun, but I think it's fun to be there with a big crowd and a fiesty napkin swingin' Mickey tune anyway!:wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter