question about changing date to GTY if haven't PIF yet...

Kimmiebr80

Mouseketeer
I sent a message to our travel agent, but I know you guys will know, and I'm super impatient :scratchin

so... Long story short. We're booked for the Magic in January. We're not yet PIF, it's not due until late October. We bought DCL insurance, don't know if that matters yet, or not.

We are being transferred and will no longer live in TX when original cruise date comes up. I was looking and DCL has opened up some GTY cabins and great rates for last minute cruises (sept/oct) I was hoping to book one of them for us and take advantage before we move. The clause says that it's not an available rate to for people who already have dates booked.

Since we haven't paid in full, would they know if we just cancelled our Jan date and booked a gty in October, or would I need to book the Oct sailing date and then cancel the January sailing afterwards? Is there a way around this?

Hoping the experts can help :)

Kim

What they mean is you can't change to the GTY rate if you are already booked for that same cruise, except of you cancel and rebook.
You'd be fine to cancel yours and book a GTY sailing.

The DCL insurance is not a factor since you haven't PIF yet. That is not paid by DCL until that PIF date, so you don't actually have insurance until then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter