Question about Castaway Cay Ecco tour....

vital

<font color=darkorchid>Pirate-wench<br><font color
Is it $160 per person for a double one or is it for both ppl? I'd love to do this with my son who will be 8 then. He's jet skiied on St Marten before and I think he'd get a kick out of this.

I've read the reports of going pretty far out to a sand bar and I know he'd love this! I'd enjoy it myself :rolleyes: .

Thanks for any and all info y'all can give me!

The $160 includes both passengers so it works out to $80 a pop.
Worth it, provided you are not a scaredy-cat like me! I wrote a review of our experience in my trip report if you are interested....

zweihund said:
The $160 includes both passengers so it works out to $80 a pop.
Worth it, provided you are not a scaredy-cat like me! I wrote a review of our experience in my trip report if you are interested....

It's because of your trip report that I want to do it! :lmao: As I was reading about it I was thinking, "How cool would that be!". Too funny! Loved your report by the way!

It was very cool. DS was having too much fun and forgot to come along so I went by myself and had a blast. There was something incredible about STANDING in the middle of the ocean.

anyone ever bring kids on this tour? I want to do this in January but not sure if DD9 will be too young???

I did it last year with my DD who just turned 10. It was one of my favorite parts of the cruise last year. It was a bit scary at first. I had my 15 yr old son with my on the way there and we were going really slow and since it was my first time I was having a hard time driving. My DH and I switched kids on the way back and we flew. Once I stopped being afraid my passenger would fly off the back a lightened the weight it was amazing! We all had the best time. Definitely worth the money!

cepmom said:
anyone ever bring kids on this tour? I want to do this in January but not sure if DD9 will be too young???
I did this with DD11 last year and she had a blast. You know your DD, mine is not a thrill-seeker, but she wanted us to buy some Jetskis when we got back. I would say GO FOR IT :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 .

We just did this yesterday with DS9. It was great. DS had never been on a jet ski before and is normally cautious. He was a little afraid at first, but ended up loving it! He says it was his favorite thing from the entire cruise! The adults had a great time also. We did the first tour of the morning and there were only 7 people on our tour. We were able to go very fast (a lot faster than I thought they would let us go!) especially on the way back to the beach after the second stop. We will probably do this again next time!

I have to say it was not easy for me to get on the jet ski. I'm only 5'2" and the water was chest high, I had on a big bulky life jacket and was greased up with sunscreen.

Our family had a blast on this tour. Me and DS 8 went first while DH watched DD 2. Then DH and DS 10 went on the next tour.

Loved it! I think DH loved it the most...he's been researching buying a jetski for christmas :teeth:

Aloha,
Jen

Ok to provide some balance here...
I didn't care for it.
I had my DD9 with me and I couldn't find a good speed on the jetski. It seemed to have only 2 speeds- "slow as molassas" or "oh my gosh too fast". I was worried about losing my DD when I went fast and losing site of the group that were way in front when I went slow :confused3
Now, I only did this excursion because my DD9 desperately wanted to go with DH and DS12 and I didn't want her to miss out.
I brought swim goggles and was glad I had them because quite a bit of water hit me in the face while I was driving :blush:
I am embarrassed to admit the few seconds of enjoyment I had were when another couple somehow capsized their jetski officially making me not the worst driver in the group :blush: :woohoo:
Oh, for the record they were fine, noone was injured, I'm just a big wuss :teeth:

My little guy is quite the adventurer but I'd hate to pay the money and then have him decide he doesn't want to do it..... any opinions?

Kathy

I think the age for this excursion is 8 and up. Even if they allowed 4 year olds to go, I probably wouldn't do it. I have a very adventurous 3YO and wouldn't take him on that yet. Kids under 15 or 16 have to ride in the back. I think you would be worried about him falling off and not have a lot of fun. I would do it alone and then do it agian when he is old enough. We will probably do it again when we go again.

Thanks for the info mmhouse! Just knowing that he would have to be behind me would make me nervous! Maybe in a few years!

Kathy

Thanks for all the input! I think I'm going to book it as soon as I'm able to!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter