Question about Carousel of Progress

FLDisneyFan

Mouseketeer
Nothing at all about camping, but while camping :) I went to Magic Kingdom did the Carousel of Progress. I noticed that the dog dish in the 1940's scene said "TOWER." In the next scene, the dish says Rover, which is what he is called. Any idea who its named after or why it says "TOWER?"

:confused3
I don't know the answer,,but spelled backwards it's REWOT,,
don't know what that means either. :rotfl2:

This is the only thing I could find in a quick search, which I found on allears.net:

Rover (dog) has gone through many changes in the history of the attraction. His color has changed from white (at the World's Fair) to light brown and dark brown. His name has even changed, and has been Buster, Sport, Queenie, and Rover. When the attraction reopened at the MAGIC KINGDOM at the WALT DISNEY WORLD Resort, his name was different for every scene. Today, the dog’s name is Rover throughout the entire show. In this most recent version, Rover has been given new life and is the most realistic version ever seen.

The name change in the early days happened every 10 years because that’s the life span of most dogs. Disney doesn’t like to show death so they just kept the name the same for the decades. That is want I was told a few years ago

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter