Question about cancellation fees for rebooking

beautifultomorrow

DIS Veteran
So I am currently booked with free dining for October 21, but I'm considering renting dvc points for that stay instead. Could I avoid any cancellation fees if i call in and have my october stay rebooked for feb. 2013?

You are fine; if you are re-booking, they usually waive the cancellation fee.

The only thing would be if you were 14 days out, they charge $15.00 fee no matter what you change now - that was new for last year.

If you do it now, you should be fine.

So I am currently booked with free dining for October 21, but I'm considering renting dvc points for that stay instead. Could I avoid any cancellation fees if i call in and have my october stay rebooked for feb. 2013?

You really think you will get a DVC resort for October 21, 2012???? Not likely. Unless someone is selling an already booked reservation. And you don't want to buy an RCI trade (they will tell you $95 fee is due at check in). RCI doesn't allow selling their trades. Your reservation could be cancelled.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter