Question about buying T-shirts, etc..

farmgirljen

Mouseketeer
I am trying to buget my upcoming June trip to DL for the first time... I am wanting to buy some souvenirs while there, so am trying to get an idea of what stuff costs...Specifically- T-shirts, sweatshirts, etc? Also are they fairly true to size? ALso o they sell Slippers anywhere in the park?

Shirts vary from $20 bucks on up... Depending on what it is that you are looking for. Sweatshirts are a different thing, I have bought 3 zip up hoodies in the past year or so and each of them was around $50 plus tax. Never seen slippers, though?:confused3

I would highly suggest going to the character warehouse up in Fullerton. They usually have a good stock of things for great prices, but the sizes all vary. It's about a 10 minute drive straight down (or up!) Harbor Blvd.

Good luck!:wizard:

The sweatshirt sizing is weird!

In '07 I bought a sweatshirt in a Large. I waffled over the xl b/c it would have been really roomy, but chose the L. It's a bit tighter now, but it does fit. I wanted to buy a sweatshirt in March, and even the 2X was snug! It was WEIRD. I had brought my L along with me; didn't end up wearing it, but I had it, it fit. So I was confused.

The sweatshirt sizing is weird!

In '07 I bought a sweatshirt in a Large. I waffled over the xl b/c it would have been really roomy, but chose the L. It's a bit tighter now, but it does fit. I wanted to buy a sweatshirt in March, and even the 2X was snug! It was WEIRD. I had brought my L along with me; didn't end up wearing it, but I had it, it fit. So I was confused.

I think in some cases this depends on if they are offering womens/juniors sizing or men's. I have seen a huge difference in these sizes because of the cuts once you try them on. I have also noticed that in many cases the jump from the XL to the 2X in men's cuts especially tends to be huge.

Good point! The sweatshirt was on the "cuter" side, so it could very well have been geared more towards juniors.

you can save a lot by going to www.disneyshopping.com

there were a lot of 2-1 t-shirts for $12.50 so they actually end up costing only $6.25 each and shipping is only $4.95

there are other good values i have found as well, we were able to buy 6 t-shirts and 4 long sleeve thermal shirts, all 100% cotton, for less than $75 including shipping and that included a 10% discount using disneyrewards visa:cool1:

you can save a lot by going to www.disneyshopping.com

there were a lot of 2-1 t-shirts for $12.50 so they actually end up costing only $6.25 each and shipping is only $4.95

there are other good values i have found as well, we were able to buy 6 t-shirts and 4 long sleeve thermal shirts, all 100% cotton, for less than $75 including shipping and that included a 10% discount using disneyrewards visa:cool1:

Yes - I always look at Disneyshopping dot com before a trip! I usually don't pay more than $3-5 for a t-shirt :thumbsup2

I saw that- and was thinking about ordering them rather than buying at the park- but anted to make sure it would be a better deal in the long run- which apparently it is...:)

Definitely better to buy from disneyshopping or the outlet store. We rarely buy anything in the parks anymore, it's just too $$$$ for us. I'd rather make a outlet run anyday. :)

We got really lucky at the outlet in Fullerton last year. We found some great pins for the kids - very inexpensive and the real deal, no knockoffs - t shirts, stuffed Pirate Mickey for DD4, picture frames for me and the best of all....DH bought me a supple, gorgeous, comfortable and warm Mickey Leather Jacket. It is beautiful (I get tons of compliments on it, of course!). I begged him to not spend vacation money on it but it was a fabulous deal - plus we had the coupon (can't remember now if it was 10% or 15%).

I have no problem buying my Tink gifts or souvies from Target or the outlets. The kids don't know the difference but my pocketbook sure does! Not that any of the budget shopping stops me from shopping at WOD - I just tend to not buy Ts there - $25 for a shirt is way out of my range.

I bought our shirts ahead of time from Disneyshopping.com - it is a fun way to buy matching shirts for the whole family and not have to pay big $$$. That said, we only get to the parks every few years (that hurts to type....physically hurts....:sad2:) so we take along a sizable souvenir allowance. If we see a shirt or sweatshirt or hat or ANYTHING that simply calls out to us, then we can get it. But, by having themed shirts for everyone ahead of time, we don't HAVE to buy t-shirts and can concentrate on the really important things....like mouse ears!! :earboy2:

A word of caution about Disneyshopping though - I found that their kids' shirts run pretty large to size, and their ladies' sizes are a tad snug (can't be me, has to be the shirt!!) The mens' sizes seem pretty typical, though, and for only about $5 a shirt you can't beat them!! :goodvibes

Very true about the sizing on the lady's shirts. The new thing is to make all Lady's shirts form fitting. I either by mens or at least one size bigger to be comfortable. Be careful tough the jump to "plus sizes" tends to be extreme and they are tend to be not as form fitting.
Happy Shopping and the deals are great at DisneyOutlet.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter