Question about build time Dream vs. Fantasy

HappyGilmore

It is never to late to have a happy childhood!!!
I think I read on my facebook link to DCl that the Dream took something like 607 days from first cut to float out .... so I have a question. If they are just now starting to build the Fantasy why is it that it will completed in a shorter amount of time? Isn't the maidne voyage for the Fantasy going to be in 2012 which would make it less than 365 days??

" To answer yesterday's question, 607 days elapsed between the steel-cutting and float-out ceremonies for the Disney Dream. Only 50 days remain before her maiden cruise from Florida's Port Canaveral! Which of our fans will be aboard?
Disney Dream - Disney Cruise Line
Source: fb.disneyparks.com

I think I read on my facebook link to DCl that the Dream took something like 607 days from first cut to float out .... so I have a question. If they are just now starting to build the Fantasy why is it that it will completed in a shorter amount of time? Isn't the maidne voyage for the Fantasy going to be in 2012 which would make it less than 365 days??

" To answer yesterday's question, 607 days elapsed between the steel-cutting and float-out ceremonies for the Disney Dream. Only 50 days remain before her maiden cruise from Florida's Port Canaveral! Which of our fans will be aboard?
Disney Dream - Disney Cruise Line
Source: fb.disneyparks.com

They started building the fantasy before the dream was done. They started cutting all the steel and pitting all the building blocks together. Once there is room in the dry dock the will start assembling all. The pieces. That is why they will be able to vet her done faster

There was a post last week about her going into the blocks soon. Do a thread search and you can see the pics too. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter