Question about bringing baby...

SILLYANDI

DIS Veteran
Does Disney issue a passcard/ticket for babies boarding the ship? Do they count infants as a "person" as far as occupants of a cabin are concerned? Would they notice if I boarded with her and all my other rugrats?
I have too many kids(4) and I'm trying to figure out the most economical way for all 6 of us to cruise. The baby sleeps in a crib and wouldn't be in a bed. I would like to get a cat 5 cabin (sleeps 5) but not sure of Disney's policy about the baby. May have to resort to 2 rooms (hopefully adjoining) in a lower catagory for way more money :confused3

Thanks!

Any age child counts towards room occupancy. They certainly would notice if you boarded her!!

Yes, they will notice. Infants definitely count regarding "occupancy" since has to do with lifevests/rafts, etc so you will absolutely have to get two rooms for your family of 6. Also, category 4 sleeps 5. Category 5-12 sleep 3 or 4 only. Of course, if $$ is no object you can get a Cat 1 or 2 suite that sleep 7.

SILLYANDI said:
Does Disney issue a passcard/ticket for babies boarding the ship? Do they count infants as a "person" as far as occupants of a cabin are concerned? Would they notice if I boarded with her and all my other rugrats?
I have too many kids(4) and I'm trying to figure out the most economical way for all 6 of us to cruise. The baby sleeps in a crib and wouldn't be in a bed. I would like to get a cat 5 cabin (sleeps 5) but not sure of Disney's policy about the baby. May have to resort to 2 rooms (hopefully adjoining) in a lower catagory for way more money :confused3

Thanks!

Yes, it's not at all like a hotel. They notice and account for everybody getting on and off the ship.

Oops,I was looking at the cat 4 prices, not cat 5.
Thanks for the info, maybe grandma will want to visit with baby for a week...

Yes, they definitely are counting my 6 month old in April when we go. The cost pp is considerably less--$200+ compared to the others. We decided to go with a set of grandparents and our oldest child is sleeping with them. We have connecting rooms and therefore could get a category 6 room.

We just had this question answered by our t.a. We're taking our 6 month-old twins and had to count them as two (because they are!) passengers and pay for them both. We were told DCL will deliver two cribs to our cabin on the first day but we're hoping we can keep them together in one (ummm, where exactly would we put another crib?!?!?!). Our 6 year-old will be on Grandma and Grandpa's room registry but will undoubtedly sleep in our room.

We want to go on a DCL cruise in the next year or so but also want to have another baby. This will only bring our immediate family to "5" but our oldest child is disabled and in a wheelchair so the most we can have in a room is 4.
We's really like a verandah room so we have decided to book a cat 5 and a cat 11 as close as possible on the same deck.
We have also found it cheaper to book all the kids with one adult in the Cat 5 and 1 adult in the cat 11. Saving $800. When you get on board, you can decided who is going in each room. If baby doesn't sleep well, I'll sleep in Cat 11 and dh will have girls in the bigger room.
And if grandma decides to come, depending on ship occupancy (she can't book a year ahead of time ;) ) Dh and I may get a night or two with baby while grandma gets to hang with our older girls...... :teeth:
We were booked to do Panama Canal trip but got pregnant and were told room we had would not accomodate a 4th.... so we didn't get to go :furious:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter