question about booking

disneyphil

Earning My Ears
My wife and I are taking our 1-year old to Disney this December. We have a free-dining pin that lets us choose FQ, which we feel is perfect cause of its size. We want to stay seven nights, but due to my wife's work schedule can only book 5 of the nights during the available nights of the free dining plan. Can we book 2 nights with the 20-30 percent off rate and either pay for dining plan those two nights, or skip it, and THEN book 5 with our free dining code?
Also, if we do all at FQ, will be get to keep the same room, or will we need to check out, and then check-in?
Also, if we decided to "splurge" for two nights, and do a deluxe, would Disney relocate our bags, or are we on our own?
Thanks!

My wife and I are taking our 1-year old to Disney this December. We have a free-dining pin that lets us choose FQ, which we feel is perfect cause of its size. We want to stay seven nights, but due to my wife's work schedule can only book 5 of the nights during the available nights of the free dining plan. Can we book 2 nights with the 20-30 percent off rate and either pay for dining plan those two nights, or skip it, and THEN book 5 with our free dining code?
Also, if we do all at FQ, will be get to keep the same room, or will we need to check out, and then check-in?
Also, if we decided to "splurge" for two nights, and do a deluxe, would Disney relocate our bags, or are we on our own?
Thanks!

Disney will relocate your bags for you. I am sure of this. For your other questions, I'm pretty sure you can book with the two options, but I'm not sure about being able to stay in the same room (you might be right that they would have to be 2 separate reservations - someone else will have to answer this).

Thanks!

Are the 2 nights on the back end of FD or the front? If you're checking in during the FD period and your 2 days that aren't covered are on the tail end of your trip, FD will extend for your full stay.

If the 2 nights are on the front end, you could absolutely book a separate res for 2 nights using a room discount and then start a FD package for the 5 nights at POFQ. If you book the same room type for both they can note on your res you'd like to stay in the same room. Disney will do their best, but there aren't any guarantees that you won't have switch. Remind them when you check into the first reservation that you have another starting on xx day and would like to stay in the same room. Whether you switch or not, you will have to go to the front desk and check out of your RO and check into your PKG res.

If you go to a deluxe for 2 nights or change resorts in anyway, Disney will move your bags from one resort to the other.

Enjoy your trip!

Can we book 2 nights with the 20-30 percent off rate and either pay for dining plan those two nights, or skip it, and THEN book 5 with our free dining code?

Yep. People do that all the time.

You should be able to. But it's not guaranteed. We have done this 4 times and only once did we have to switch rooms. However, that was before we knew about linking our 2 reservations. Once we did that, we were able to stay in the same room the other 3 times. So if you do go this route and make your reservation via phone, have the booking CM link the 2 reservations. If you book online, call reservations after the fact and have them link your 2 reservations.

Thanks!

Yep. Don't expect your luggage to show up at the new resort until 3-4 in the afternoon.

the dining plan requires tickets which can end up being pricey. might want to consider room only and pay oop for food. you can add days onto your package far cheaper than buying a one or two day pass. no guarantees for same room but you can link the ressies to increase your chances.

the dining plan requires tickets which can end up being pricey. might want to consider room only and pay oop for food. you can add days onto your package far cheaper than buying a one or two day pass. no guarantees for same room but you can link the ressies to increase your chances.

Sounds like the OP needs tickets anyway :confused3 They can put the full day set of tickets on the 5 day package and pick them up early so they aren't paying any extra.

ok - if they have to split their reservation because of free dining ending, what I am saying is they would be better off with a room only discount and paying out of pocket for dining and adding 2 days onto their package for the parks. I have a room only reservation with a package stay with fd (8/31-9/2 & 9/2-9/7) and if I wanted to add dining for the two days prior I would have to book park tickets for the room only increasing my cost approx. 1500 for 5 of us. Yes, it would be less money for two people but still an added expense they might not want.

OP, what are your travel dates? What are the dates on your FD Pin code?

ok - if they have to split their reservation because of free dining ending, what I am saying is they would be better off with a room only discount and paying out of pocket for dining and adding 2 days onto their package for the parks. I have a room only reservation with a package stay with fd (8/31-9/2 & 9/2-9/7) and if I wanted to add dining for the two days prior I would have to book park tickets for the room only increasing my cost approx. 1500 for 5 of us. Yes, it would be less money for two people but still an added expense they might not want.

Oh I see what you're saying. I assumed the 2 days with the RO discount would be ticket/dining plan free.

Thanks for all of the insights. Our code is from the 15th to the 22nd. We'll probably come two days early, and instead of getting tickets, do the Mickey's Merry Party one day and just eat out of pocket the first two days. Those that have switched resorts mid-stay, is it worth it or is it more fun to just make a "home" at the same resort the whole week?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter