Question about booking free dining

Bernie23

Earning My Ears
I currently do not have a reservation (I do have all my dining ressies though). Every other year that I have gone I have had my resort reservation made and then had to phone when the free dining promotion came out. So, with the rumours of FD allegedly being announced soon, I was wondering if it is (a.) Possible to book the free dining promotion online and (b.) If that is the better strategy (I.e. does the system crash lots or is the discount not live except for phone lines).

Basically, is creating a new reservation online faster and more effective than calling to modify an existing reservation when the free dining promotion is released?

Yes, it is much faster and easier to make a new reservation online. People have reported that it has worked fine, no crashes.

You will be able to make the free dining reservation online once it is released to the general public. But if you have a Disney Visa and want to get in on the early offer, you would have to call to get free dining.

Going to piggyback on that question. What if you're looking to make a new reservation with free dining, but need to book two separate rooms (six total adults, 3 per room) on the same reservation? Is there a way to do that online?

Going to piggyback on that question. What if you're looking to make a new reservation with free dining, but need to book two separate rooms (six total adults, 3 per room) on the same reservation? Is there a way to do that online?

No. And they won't do it over the phone either. They'll book you two separate reservations with that many adults.

No. And they won't do it over the phone either. They'll book you two separate reservations with that many adults.
That actually might make it easier, as long as I can book two rooms with my own card (I'll pay the deposit) and then assign my various family members to them (and figure all the magic band / card linking stuff out way later). Will keep me from having to wait on the phone!

That actually might make it easier, as long as I can book two rooms with my own card (I'll pay the deposit) and then assign my various family members to them (and figure all the magic band / card linking stuff out way later). Will keep me from having to wait on the phone!

They'll need all the guest info for each room when you book, so have that laid out ahead of time.

I have everyone's MDE accounts attached to mine as family -- will they need anything other than that?

Also, thanks for your help! :)

Yeah. They can't see that.

You'll need to give names, addresses, ages, a phone number and email for the reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter