Question about booking Country Inn and Suites at the Port

HermanTriplets+1

DIS Veteran
1. How far in advance can you book?
2. Do you book directly with CIS or through a "discounting" website?

Thanks!
:goodvibes

We booked our room 8 months out through their website. We booked the cruise and park package. Some people book through priceline but I don't know anything about that. There was a thread about booking through priceline a while ago that may have information about it.

I booked it directly 2-3 months in advance for $108 (this past Wednesday) It was a wonderful hotel. Very comfy, clean and free hot breakfast was very tasty!

We booked a year out. I just called them directly to make sure there was no issues, and got a port view room with the cruise and park package. I dont remember the price off hand.

If you book with any of the online or discount websites, and want a park and cruise package, you would have to pay extra for it. I think its 20 dollars extra.

Where do you eat dinner when staying at the CIS? Also, what do you do during the day?
I have always stayed at the Radisson but like the fact that breakfast is included at the CIS.
Thanks.

Where do you eat dinner when staying at the CIS? Also, what do you do during the day?
I have always stayed at the Radisson but like the fact that breakfast is included at the CIS.
Thanks.

Last fall when we stayed at the CI&S, we went to "Grill"s for dinner. Met some of our Dis group there. The other great choice is "Fish Lips". Both are a short drive from the hotel, and both along the water way and you can watch ships leaving and coming depending on the day and time. Awesome food, awesome service and awesome view!! When we left on the Magic, we waved to people waving to us from Grills and and Fishlips :thumbsup2

We ate at both Fish Lips and Grills last week and both were great. If I had to choose one over the other, it would probably be Fish Lips. I had the Lobster Rolls there and they were great. DW had the Crab Cake BLT and said it was very good also. Great onion rings also.

We are staying at CIS as well, but we do not have a car. Is there delivery from anywhere nearby that some one could recommend? Or would we be better off grabbing a taxi to the places listed in other posts?
TIA

:)

I just booked this hotel for our up coming trip and we don't leave until March 2012. I book everything early if it is allowed. I'm always nervous that things will book up quickly without me knowing. Never eaten anywhere near port because this is our first cruise, but fish lips and grill is on our list for dinner because of the reviews here on the dis.

If you book thru a discount service, you will be charged for parking and the shuttle. If you book directly thru the hotel on the cruise package, this WAS included....as far as I know it still is.

$108 is a great rate! We're booked at $139 for September. We paid a deposit, I think, but our rate is cancelable, so I'm checking prices every so often to see if they've dropped. I will also make a Priceline attempt as the date nears. If I can get the room half price, who cares if it's an extra $20 for the parking. ;)

I'm curious -- what is the lowest price anyone has paid for this room via the Country Inns website or Priceline/Hotwire?

Domiii,
Last time we stayed there at CI&S, the hotel staff recommend a pizza place that delivered. They even let our group use the breakfast area to eat. We just cleaned up after ourselves.

Domiii,
Last time we stayed there at CI&S, the hotel staff recommend a pizza place that delivered. They even let our group use the breakfast area to eat. We just cleaned up after ourselves.

I see you are from NY. How was the pizza? I have yet to enjoy pizza outside of the NY/NJ area. No I am not a snob. I would say the same about bagels too!!

$108 is a great rate! We're booked at $139 for September. We paid a deposit, I think, but our rate is cancelable, so I'm checking prices every so often to see if they've dropped. I will also make a Priceline attempt as the date nears. If I can get the room half price, who cares if it's an extra $20 for the parking. ;)

I'm curious -- what is the lowest price anyone has paid for this room via the Country Inns website or Priceline/Hotwire?

When I booked in January 2010 for our October 2010 cruise, I bid at priceline and got the kids suite at CI&S for $49.00 Plus taxes and fees which brought the total to $63. Then we paid an additional $20 to park our van there for the duration of our cruise. We loved it there!

Currently I have a room booked there for our upcoming Sept cruise. I was able to book it with the Friends and Family Code for $70.00. Unfortunately that code is no longer good for any more bookings as the promotion is over. However, a priceline email indicated to me that a bid of $65 might snag someone a CI&S suite. I tried $50 and $55 to no avail. You'll have to add $14 to any bid you win for taxes and fees. Since anything over $56 will have me paying more than my F&F booking, I'll stick with my current reservation.
If anyone is able to get it for $65 though, post here and let others know :thumbsup2

When bidding for CI&S be sure to indicate Cape Canaveral as the only location choice, and choose 2 1/2 star (that will get you CI&S, although a few have recently said they've gotten the Raddison with those choices too).

Domiii,
domiii,
It wasn't NY pizza, but it wasn't bad. I'm also not a snob, but usually shy away from getting pizza (or bagels) outside the NY/NJ area. We did it for the convenience of not leaving the hotel.

We are staying at CIS as well, but we do not have a car. Is there delivery from anywhere nearby that some one could recommend? Or would we be better off grabbing a taxi to the places listed in other posts?
TIA

Taxis would work fine for any of the 3 rest on the water.(Rustys, Fish Lips or Grills)

There is a small mom and pop type rest, that is on the same block as CIS, maybe a 5 minute walk, towards the Radison. Theres also the usual fast food places near by that are maybe 10 minutes or so from the resort.

JustTJ, thanks for the bidding tips. I'll check Better Bidding and Bidding for Travel, too.

If we stay at CI & S and use the shuttle. When we get off the boat is the shuttle there or do we have to call them?

If we stay at CI & S and use the shuttle. When we get off the boat is the shuttle there or do we have to call them?

The driver will give you his phone number when you use the shuttle to get to the port. We called and he was on his way back. It took maybe five minutes. Then he dropped us off at our cars parked behind the hotel. Quick and easy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter