• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Question about booking a stay at WDW

Carie Baker

Mouseketeer
So, it's been a feel years since we've been to WDW b/c we've been doing cruises. I don't know anything about the magic bands or what I need to book a stay now. I actually went on WDW website to book a resort and tkts for before our Star Wars cruise in March of 2016 but it wouldn't let me chose a date after Dec of this year. Am I missing something? Have things changed that much that you can't book a year in advance anymore?

HELP?

Thanks for any info.

I know you can book up to 499 in advance but I believe you have to call rather than use the online system

So, it's been a feel years since we've been to WDW b/c we've been doing cruises. I don't know anything about the magic bands or what I need to book a stay now. I actually went on WDW website to book a resort and tkts for before our Star Wars cruise in March of 2016 but it wouldn't let me chose a date after Dec of this year. Am I missing something? Have things changed that much that you can't book a year in advance anymore?

HELP?

Thanks for any info.

As the pp said, you can book RO 499 days in advance by calling, but if you want a package or want to book online, you have to wait until the 2016 rates are released (which should be sometime this summer). With that said, if you know you want a package, it's probably better to wait until the new rates are released to book because if you book RO now and change to a package later, the RO will have to be cancelled/refunded and a package booked, requiring a new $200 deposit. Since RO and packages are different reservation systems, money paid toward one cannot be applied to the other.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter