• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Question about Banked Points

purple250

Mouseketeer
Hello. I'm a new DVC member and have a question regarding banking points. My husband and I chose an August use year. We decided to bank the 160 points for 2009. Does this mean we cannot make a reservation until August 1, 2010?... or does it mean we can make a reservation now with the banked points, but the reservation just has to be for dates from Aug 1, 2010? to July 2011? :goodvibes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello. I'm a new DVC member and have a question regarding banking points. My husband and I chose an August use year. We decided to bank the 160 points for 2009. Does this mean we cannot make a reservation until August 1, 2010?... or does it mean we can make a reservation now with the banked points, but the reservation just has to be for dates from Aug 1, 2010?

You have from Aug 2010 - july 31 2011 to use 2009 banked points.

.. But you can borrow your 2010 points before aug 2010, for a trip from now until Aug 1st when others will become active.

Yes, I understand that I have to travel between Aug 1, 2010 and July 31, 2011, but can I make the reservation right now even though my points are banked? I didn't know if I had to wait until Aug 1, 2010 to make the reservation?

Yes, I understand that I have to travel between Aug 1, 2010 and July 31, 2011, but can I make the reservation right now even though my points are banked? I didn't know if I had to wait until Aug 1, 2010 to make the reservation?
You can book your home resort starting 11 months prior to check in and a non-home resort starting 7 months from check in. Member Services will use the points that are in the same UY as your trip dates to pay for the reservation at the time you make it.

So if you called MS tomorrow (March 27, 2010) you could book your home resort (using home resort points) for any date up to and including a check in date of Feb 27, 2011. You could book a non-home resort (using any points) for any date up to and including a check in date of Oct 27, 2010.

You can always call for reservations 11 months in advance at your home resort and 7 months at the others, regardless of UY.

What matters is what UY you will be traveling in, not when you book. As long as points are available for time of travel, you are all set.

So, you can book any trip now that falls after August 1st, 2010 but before July 31st, 2011 and use the banked 2009 points.

I don't know if this was part of your question or not, but you do not have to wait until August 1, 2010 to take a trip.

Yes, you can book now.

Did you sign up yet with DVCMember.com? You can track everything online and it tells you the range of dates you are able to book. But when in doubt, call Member Services! Good Luck :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter