Question about apartments

They are air conditioned. I might bring a small fan anyway depending on how you like the temperature. The people I lived with liked the thermostat to be a little warmer than I usually liked. A fan might just be a little added comfort.

There's central air, but if your apartment ends up being anything like mine was, the living room could be arctic and the bedrooms might be a little on the warm side. Bring a small table fan just in case! I think you can get them at Wal-Mart for about $10.

I'd bring a small fan, especially since you are NOT allowed to open the windows.

I'd bring a small fan, especially since you are NOT allowed to open the windows.

I absolutely HATED that rule. It felt like a prison with the windows all closed up. Every morning i opened every window and blind in the living room. We had an eastern facing window so we got all the sun. It literally felt so good to get all that light in the apartment. Sounds weird, but it just put you in a great mood.

I take it you never encountered a Palmetto Bug.

I was trying to figure out why this was a rule, but after the Palmetto bug comment, I understand! There were FIVE of them crawling around on a lightpost about a foot away from me two weeks ago at Epcot. My mom thought they were cockroaches, but apparently they're even bigger than roaches! :scared1:

I take it you never encountered a Palmetto Bug.

Ew, yeah, I can understand why the windows need to be closed. My family spends three weeks in Florida every year and palmetto bugs were just part of the vacation. You just learn to expect it. *shudders*

There's also a rule that you can't put the thermostat lower than a certain number... I want to say it's 70...or a high 60-something. Because it could easily freeze up. But I lived in Vista, so maybe it's not the same for all three apartments. I can't recall ever being hot in the apartment... in fact I'm pretty sure I was really cold a lot, but I'm more of a cold-natured person.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter