Question about AP "Vouchers"- Do Not Want To "Renew"

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by BayAreaMom, May 18, 2012.

1. BayAreaMom

BayAreaMom Mouseketeer

Just learned that the Deluxe AP will be going up $90!!

My AP expires 6/6. I do not want to renew. I was planning on buying a new AP in November. We won't be going over the summer so not "renewing" makes sense.

I read about this on mousesavers:
    You can also buy a Disneyland Annual Passport in advance by phone at (714) 781-INFO (4636) or online. If you buy in advance, you will receive a plastic card that is your "exchange certificate" or voucher for an actual Annual Pass. The exchange certificate must be "activated" (exchanged for the actual Annual Pass) at a ticket booth. To activate the exchange certificate, you'll have to show photo ID (for adults).

I want to know if I can buy the AP voucher now, but then let my AP lapse and use the voucher for a new AP in Nov?

THANKS for any help. I knew the APs would go up this summer- but $90 is crazy!!!

2. FoodLover

FoodLover Founder of MouseSavers.com

Yes. I have done this myself several times in the past, to beat price increases.

Mary
    MouseSavers.com

3. disneegrl4eva

disneegrl4eva <font color=darkcoral>now we just need a secret ha

if you dont have to renew for a couple of months and you renew without letting your pass lapse, do you still have to pay the new amount when its time?

4. FoodLover

FoodLover Founder of MouseSavers.com

Yes. Reportedly renewals prior to July 1 will be at the old prices, but that has not been confirmed. Definitely after that (and possibly as early as tomorrow) you will pay a higher renewal rate.

Mary
    MouseSavers.com