Question...about AP rates

kerri0616

DIS Veteran
Hello!

I was playing around with the Universal Website and the best daily rate at RPR was $259 plus taxes and fees.

I then pretended I had an annual pass and put in code APH and it came up with daily rate of $149 plus taxes and fees.

The annual pass without blackout dates is $199 plus taxes and fees, and the unlimited ticket is $99 plus taxes and fees. So, for an additional $100 for the AP, I would save about $100 per day on the room.

This seems like a no brainer. Why wouldn't everyone buy the annual pass? Did I enter something wrong or is the APH code the superexpensive AP?

Help! Check my math! :confused3

Thats the prefferd or premium AP.Your right about the price diff,the AP's save you alot.Along with discounts on resorts,you get discounts on food,shopping and parking(I believe on the parking one anyway,we stay on-site when we go and its $14 a night no matter what)..

If only one in your party buys the AP and the rest the 7day @$99,and stay on-site,it pays for itself depending on lenght of stay!!:thumbsup2

Thats the prefferd or premium AP.Your right about the price diff,the AP's save you alot.Along with discounts on resorts,you get discounts on food,shopping and parking(I believe on the parking one anyway,we stay on-site when we go and its $14 a night no matter what)..
If only one in your party buys the AP and the rest the 7day @$99,and stay on-site,it pays for itself depending on lenght of stay!!:thumbsup2

So you have to pay $14 a night to park at the on site hotels? Just want to make sure I am reading that right.

Thats what they charge us the last time..So talley that into the cost!! Unless you do the valet,then its alot more.Never done the valet so donn't know what the charge is for it..But they only charge that to you for lenght of stay.So the last day you donn't pay for it!!

So if you stay 7days thats another $73 for the week!!

Yes...I hate that we get charged to park. I have never understood that...but it is what it is.

I just returned from a stay at the Hard Rock for 5 nights and they never charged me for parking. I was excited!:cool1:

Thats what they charge us the last time..So talley that into the cost!! Unless you do the valet,then its alot more.Never done the valet so donn't know what the charge is for it..But they only charge that to you for lenght of stay.So the last day you donn't pay for it!!

So if you stay 7days thats another $73 for the week!!

So.. If you have the AP the cost is waved for the parking. I am glad I have a lot of time to plan for this trip this is something I had never thought about.

Even if you have a AP, you still will have to pay to park at the resorts .

Parking in the garage is free with a AP(no blackouts one)

Sometimes you get lucky and they don't charge for parking,
I always ask them to wavie the fee, sometimes they do....sometimes they
don't.

jta...I am batting about 75% not being charge for parking.

Be nice!

Oh darn. One of the reasons DH never wants to stay at SOG is because of the parking charge - he feels that if you patronize a hotel you shouldn't have to pay to park. I hope this isn't a deal breaker for us. I would really like the FOTL since this will be our first trip to Universal. So you just ask if they would waive the parking fee? is there a monimum night stay th at seems to make or break the deal?

You just ask them, more often than not they say no , that they can't do anything about it. But on my bill it would not be on there;)

this year the renewal price for pap went up.
prior to that it was $99
this year i had to pay $117 for renewal but, they are doing a promo and adding on 3 extra months to those renewing now.

woo hoo...........i'll not complain anymore.

besides the nice discounts for the rooms w/aph, you also get nice perks during the year. for the month of may, you had great discounts for getting tickets for friends........and more.

Oh darn. One of the reasons DH never wants to stay at SOG is because of the parking charge - he feels that if you patronize a hotel you shouldn't have to pay to park. I hope this isn't a deal breaker for us. I would really like the FOTL since this will be our first trip to Universal. So you just ask if they would waive the parking fee? is there a monimum night stay th at seems to make or break the deal?

When we stayed in June at the PBH, I had planned on paying for parking (I also have an AP), but it never showed up on our room bill and to get in and out of parking there, sometimes the gate would be down and that was the only way in or out was to use your room key. Seems like I have been reading many people about this issue and looks like a hit or miss.
Alison stayed down there the same time (at the same hotel) and I don't believe she was charged for parking, either. FOTL is great trust me, I won't go there unless I have it. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter