• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Question about Animal Kingdom

TeamH5

DIS Veteran
So, if we don't stay at Animal Kingdom, can we still go and check it out? See the animals or whatever? No park tickets btw, we're not doing that... Lol

I'm just wondering if we stay off-site somewhere cheaper if we can still tour the grounds during the day....

People who stay off site and go to WDW, and have dining reservations in the WDW hotels, so I don't see why you couldn't go visit. You will be stopped at the security gate and may be asked for ID. Just tell them you want to look around.
You can't use the resort facilities, but don't see why you couldn't just look.

we stayed there a few years back and I met a few ppl who were just there to look at the animals - not Disney guests - just drove in...

Yes you certainly can do this. Just tell the guard that you are checking out the place for a future stay.

Yes you can absolutely visit! My husband and I visited a few years back, walked around and ate at Boma. We lived it so much we ended up staying there last May! Disney will be very happy to have you visit the resort ! What better way to show it off for potential future bookings!

At Jambo you can walk around the Arusha rock area and see the animals on Arusha Savanna - it's a very short walk and is located out beyond the lobby and firepit. You can also walk to the edge of the pool area and view the animals on Uzima Savanna. The lobby and gift shop are very nice, as well. Unless you are eating there (or plan to visit the bar in the lobby) it should take maybe an hour to see everything in the public areas. You could also stop by Kidani, which I believe has public viewing areas of Sunset Savanna.

Yes, we've done this at many of the resorts. We've also parked at one of the resorts on the monorail and resort hopped that way. We love to walk through the resorts and look at the gift shops and grounds- and dream about staying at them. Wilderness Lodge is worth a stop also. We did that once many years ago and ended up staying there last month. :)

So, if we don't stay at Animal Kingdom, can we still go and check it out? See the animals or whatever? No park tickets btw, we're not doing that... Lol

I'm just wondering if we stay off-site somewhere cheaper if we can still tour the grounds during the day....

There isn't any lodging at AK, just at AKLodge/AKVillas. You can't visit AK without admission. But you can visit AKL/AKVillas without staying there. They just aren't located at the AK.

There are restaurants that you can dine at or you can just visit the resort. There are two sections to AKL/AKV - Jambo House where most of the restaurants are located and Kidani Village which has one table service restaurant. Jambo House also has the bigger store.

of course you can absolutely visit! I have do it several time
5.gif

I went to AKL during one of my trips where I had stayed offsite and was turned away at the guard shack. (Wanted to go pick up a bite at Mara and see the animals) He said "that weekend, facilities were reserved just for AKL guests". It was odd, and haven't had that happen any other time. I think it was during Princess Marathon weekend.

Maura

the only thing you cannot do is sign up for a couple of the special safaris and tours that are only open to on site guests. oh and swim in the pools.

otherwise anyone may tour any resort they like and eat in any bar or restaurants and hang out in the lobby all day if they wanna.

I went to AKL during one of my trips where I had stayed offsite and was turned away at the guard shack. (Wanted to go pick up a bite at Mara and see the animals) He said "that weekend, facilities were reserved just for AKL guests". It was odd, and haven't had that happen any other time. I think it was during Princess Marathon weekend.

Maura

it's possible that it was VERY full and if you did not have an ADR they had no room. ..OR somebody "speshul" was staying there( VIPish) and they tightened security to restrict access.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter