question about ADR at Cinderella's castle

brch8

Earning My Ears
So will I be charged as soon as I reserve? What if I am planning on buying dining plan?

So will I be charged as soon as I reserve? What if I am planning on buying dining plan?

My understanding is that if you do not have a reservation with a DDP already in place, that you will be charged in full for the meal at time of booking. If you have a DDP in place, then it can be linked so that you do not have to pay at the time of booking.

Yes - but once you obtain your package then call the Disney Dining line and they will credit your card. At least that is what a CM told me.

Yes - but once you obtain your package then call the Disney Dining line and they will credit your card. At least that is what a CM told me.

I've read too many horror stories of ADRs having to be canceled in order to do that and then the ADR being gone when the CM tried to book it again. So I personally would not risk that.

My understanding is that if you do not have a reservation with a DDP already in place, that you will be charged in full for the meal at time of booking. If you have a DDP in place, then it can be linked so that you do not have to pay at the time of booking.

How is it "linked"? Automatically? or do they figure it all out when you arrive there for your meal? We have a breakfast booked for November 4th and I don't want to risk losing the reservation... I was just going to wait until we're there to explain that I'm on the dining plan...

AT the time you make the ADR online, you can click on the link to associate it with your resort reservation. The system SHOULD recognize that your package has the dining plan and only use a CC to guarantee the ADR. It has been known to malfunction though. WATCH each page as you progress. If it shows a total amount being charged, don't do it or you will indeed be charged. It IS possible to call and be refunded without losing your ADR.

If you're unsure, then just call to make this ADR. But you lose that 1 hour advantage that the online system opens 180+10 days out.

I've done this many times, but STILL accidentally let it charge me recently.

I never knew that... never saw a button you could click on... oops! We were super lucky and got the ADR only 3 weeks from the date! Is there a chance they automatically link it? I hate to call and chance it being deleted... hmmm...

We added the DDP right before the trip. We just told them at the dinner. The used our credits and refunded the cc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter